Does Headfi promote relationship among races and nationality?
Jul 10, 2005 at 1:39 AM Post #31 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by Borat
The member in that picture is Gopher, not lan. This is lan.

doh, i give up!
tongue.gif

Jul 10, 2005 at 2:18 AM Post #32 of 58
personally, I think that people here get along due to having a common interest(as mentioned) and the fact that, while we are from different races, different religions, different political alignments, we are tolerant of those around us who are of different beliefs/ideals to us.

Jul 10, 2005 at 3:46 AM Post #33 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jazper
while we are from different races, different religions, different political alignments, we are tolerant of those around us who are of different beliefs/ideals to us.

. . . that's only true now that TIO is gone!

Just kidding, har har

Jul 10, 2005 at 7:51 AM Post #34 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
No big deal to me, I just hate a**holes.

So do I. One in particular on my sh**(nobody else on HeadFi is, you guys are all good in my regard) got banned not too long ago(dunno why, but
biggrin.gif
anyway), so I'd say it's pretty much jerk free for me right now, but on BitPimps, a mini RC forum, things are a bit more heated.

For some reason though, I try to picture people based on their avatars sometimes when I've had a few drinks, but then come to the realization that a hefty percentage of you guys are college students, and mostly dudes. Nothing wrong with that, but a little more female diversity wouldn't hurt, IMO.
biggrin.gif

But at the moment, things are all
smily_headphones1.gif
for me. I likey that very much.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
. . . that's only true now that TIO is gone!
Just kidding, har har

That's "Take It Outside", right? Never been there for some reason...
5000smile.gif
Abe

Jul 10, 2005 at 10:00 AM Post #35 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jazper
personally, I think that people here get along due to having a common interest(as mentioned) and the fact that, while we are from different races, different religions, different political alignments, we are tolerant of those around us who are of different beliefs/ideals to us.

True. Ask any moderator.

BW

Jul 10, 2005 at 3:06 PM Post #37 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by Usagi
I feel obliged to dispel this folklorish, cyber myth.......................... Hello Hentai, Nice to meet you.
600smile.gif

Hello Usagi, nice to meet you too

Jul 10, 2005 at 5:51 PM Post #38 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by pne
this is a very weird topic, but yea... i think nationality and race never was a question or concern on head-fi, and i would hope not on any forum. doens't matter what race we are, the fact that we love audio and hi-fi brings us together. i don't care what race or religion fellow head-fier's are, just that they have something relavent to post about audio.
orphsmile.gif

I am with pne. I just don't see these things being issues here. Among the things Head-Fi'ers care about, they are always tolerant and insightful. For a combination of reasons, I see this place as one where only the issues matter and things like race, gender, and nationality are immaterial.

Jul 10, 2005 at 5:54 PM Post #39 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by PSmith08
I am with pne. I just don't see these things being issues here. Among the things Head-Fi'ers care about, they are always tolerant and insightful. For a combination of reasons, I see this place as one where only the issues matter and things like race, gender, and nationality are immaterial.

Yeah , it is because things like race, gender and nationality are immaterial. How nice if the real world is like that as well. Because of one common goal that make people of all sort come together to a meet discussing about their common favourite topic hence they become friends. Subconsiously we are not discriminating anyone because of one common interest.

Jul 10, 2005 at 6:52 PM Post #40 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by hentai
Yeah , it is because things like race, gender and nationality are immaterial. How nice if the real world is like that as well. Because of one common goal that make people of all sort come together to a meet discussing about their common favourite topic hence they become friends. Subconsiously we are not discriminating anyone because of one common interest.

Well put. I agree quite wholeheartedly. Eventually, the rest of the world will catch on to the Head-Fi secret.

Jul 10, 2005 at 7:09 PM Post #41 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by hentai
I think it does, i always see chinese , white , indian and mixed bloods gather in the head fi meet to listen to high end rigs. Head fiers have friends from all over the world. Head fi is like the mini UN , don't you think?
biggrin.gif

Aw shucks, you mean all these avatars are actually people, I though I'd found some cyborgs like myself, particularly Edwood. I was convinced he was a bot!
Damn, better luck elsewhere.

Jul 10, 2005 at 8:05 PM Post #42 of 58
Quote:

Does Headfi promote relationship among races and nationality?

I don't know if Head-Fi "promotes" relationship among races and nationalities but I do know that they don't allow any racial or political discussions to take place.

"No material shall be posted on or transmitted through the Head-Fi Web Site, Head-Fi Forums and any other Head-Fi user participatory areas, which violates or infringes in any way upon the rights of others, which is unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, vulgar, obscene, profane, indecent or otherwise objectionable, which encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, gives rise to civil liability or otherwise violates any law."

I, personally, don't give a hoot what colour of skin a person has and I'll talk to everyone on the planet if they're interesting people.... I won't, however, talk to a ******** whether he be a white ******** or a Black ******** or whatever colour a ********.

"promoting" relationships is not something that a body can do (or should do) there's good and bad types in all races and it's down to the individual to decide who they want to talk to..... force feeding race relations down a persons throat only perpetuates the problem.

People are people and I associate with "good" people whatever colour they are.

Jul 11, 2005 at 1:51 AM Post #43 of 58
interesting and weird thread
I think music in general has a way of bringing people together like nothing else can.
I always like to watch reactions of people when reggae music comes on in a large public place. It seems like one of those genres that most everyone likes.

Country concerts are kewl and unique in a way that many others aren't as you will often see entire families at them. It's always neat to see 4 year olds bouncing around in pig tails and cowboy/cowgirl hats with mom and dad at a country show.

I think classical music is the best because you can put on a great piece for a crowd of people from all over the world that speak different languages, have different political opinions, and different faiths and each one will "feel something from it. Things in Major keys will usually give positive feelings and minor keys darker feelings but each will be taken to a place where they could otherwise not go together.

Headfiers obviously share a finer tuned passion for the quality of sound and the dissection of it to our wallets distaste... but it sure is sweeet.
icon10.gif

Jul 11, 2005 at 4:55 AM Post #44 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by kartik
Aw shucks, you mean all these avatars are actually people, I though I'd found some cyborgs like myself, particularly Edwood. I was convinced he was a bot!
Damn, better luck elsewhere.

Hahaha you are damn funny but anyway i saw pictures from the meet and it appeared to have a mixed group of people.

Jul 11, 2005 at 3:04 PM Post #45 of 58
It would be interesting to get a poll on how many females we have here (if any). I never see any in meet pics (though I have not searched).

Is this a stag only site?? No does allowed???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back