Does ER4S require and amp?
Jun 29, 2011 at 8:34 PM Post #2 of 11
You can get a decent volume level without an amp, but you won't unlock its full potential.

Jun 30, 2011 at 11:22 PM Post #4 of 11
you absolutely need an amp for the er-4s. it sounds like ass without being properly amped.

get a line out dock + a portable amp and you can really make the er-4s sing.

jds labs cmoy bb is really good amp to go with as a beginners portable amp for the er-4s (it's lush, musical and inviting, and adds some okay bass), but i can promise you'll end up wanting more.

Jun 30, 2011 at 11:28 PM Post #5 of 11
ER4S DEFINITELY requires an amp.. 

I even think the ER4P requires an amp unless you are listening very passive, low volume background music.

Ety is the undisputable thinnest sounding IEM ever made.  Some like it, some dont.  Those that like it say the bass is reality.  I just dont hear it that way. 

Jun 30, 2011 at 11:51 PM Post #6 of 11
The fact that you already thought of getting amp pretty much says you want one. Your ety's are telling you how badly you want that amp. Go get an amp unless you enjoy torturing your ears with that really thin sound from your iPad.

I actually don't know how ER-4S and an iPad sound. My iPhone 3GS sounds pretty thin already with the ER-4PT and 75 ohm adapter.

Jul 1, 2011 at 12:15 AM Post #7 of 11

Quote:
you absolutely need an amp for the er-4s. it sounds like ass without being properly amped.

Couldn't have said it better myself 
etysmile.gif

Nov 8, 2011 at 1:52 PM Post #11 of 11
Get an amp!  Those ER4Ss will shine!  You're making me wish I still had mine..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back