does anyone use a case for vision:m
May 2, 2006 at 1:59 AM Post #3 of 14
I use a leather flip case for my Vision:M. I actually have two, one is made by Kroo, it's called the Kroo Melrose. It's alright and it serves it's purpose, which for me is to cover the screen and touchstrip. the flip cover can be folded back and pinned to stand the player upright for watching videos (never tried it). i found the case too bulky though, the screen cover is pretty cheap and the headphone hole was too small. the second case i have is the one i use now. Its from a electronics accessories place in Hong Kong called pdaden.com, but the case itself is branded (literally) Capdase. its a fairly well made product, not really leather but close enough. the stitching is tight and solid. its really slim because the flip cover is held down by magnets like those Pacific design ipod cases. the fit is ultra snug and reassuring. there is no screen protection but i have a BSE so it works for me. the headphone hole is still too small but bigger and better than the Kroo's. I just cut it a little longer to make it work for me. I recommend the Capdase case from Pdaden.com if you are looking for a leather flip case.

May 7, 2006 at 5:55 AM Post #4 of 14
does anyone use a silicone case or a hard case for their zvm? don't really like the leather cases because they aren't that snugged. has anyone tried the flexiskin or the silicone case offered by koo?

May 7, 2006 at 10:50 AM Post #6 of 14
The DLO's look a bit ugly but they look functional. I've kept the original screen protector in place and just used it 'as is'. Just like the iPod, as long as you keep the screen covered the scratches kind of settle-down into a mass of micro-scratches which you don't really notice in use. Despite the fact that it's part of the reason for why it's so thick, I like the solid cast back of the ZVM and it's generous layer of anodising. I'm sure it'll wear off, but probably after I've got rid of it
biggrin.gif

May 8, 2006 at 4:28 AM Post #7 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by bangraman
The DLO's look a bit ugly but they look functional. I've kept the original screen protector in place and just used it 'as is'. Just like the iPod, as long as you keep the screen covered the scratches kind of settle-down into a mass of micro-scratches which you don't really notice in use. Despite the fact that it's part of the reason for why it's so thick, I like the solid cast back of the ZVM and it's generous layer of anodising. I'm sure it'll wear off, but probably after I've got rid of it
biggrin.gif

i'll take it

May 9, 2006 at 1:33 AM Post #9 of 14
I'm shopping for one now. Probably going with a skin. When I had the Sleek (which I had some import-UK skin for), I would hang my dap around my neck while doing chores :frowning2: If I do get one, I'll get a white/clear one and dye it some funky colors...I don't like the available colors.

May 9, 2006 at 3:21 AM Post #10 of 14
but all the skins look so OOOGLY
rolleyes.gif

until i see some nice skins like the newer iPod ones, i'll stick to my InvisibleShield which works beautifully
icon10.gif

May 9, 2006 at 5:21 AM Post #11 of 14
Well, for me, I need something to protect against dropping it, more than any other reason. I found some nice girly ones tonight by Casauri, they are made for the iPod but are generic enough to fit any model. Just a slim zippered pouch which is clear on the front and nylon on the back, with a lanyard.

But, I'm broke from buying the ZVM!

May 9, 2006 at 7:59 PM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by EscaBoi
but all the skins look so OOOGLY
rolleyes.gif

until i see some nice skins like the newer iPod ones, i'll stick to my InvisibleShield which works beautifully
icon10.gif

invisible shields doesnt really protect the player though. it only prevents scratches on the zvm.

May 9, 2006 at 9:38 PM Post #13 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by manhattanproj
invisible shields doesnt really protect the player though. it only prevents scratches on the zvm.

That's what i'm trying to protect it from. I know I ain't gonna drop it and how I see it is even if there was a silicone case, it wouldn't do much to stop it if it's falling 10 feet in the air.

The InvisibleSheild/BSE are made to cover either the entire body from the front and/or back from scratches. As well i'm trying to maintain the look of my Vision:M without having the case block it.

It's a matter of preference, I previously had an iSkin with my 3rd Gen iPod which i initially bought to protect it from scratches, though it looked nice and was easier to hold, i think it sorta ruined the look/sleekness of the iPod.
I should also note, holding the Vision:M in my hand naked (without a skin) feels very comfortable, unlike the iPod naked, which felt like it could fall out at any time while holding it.

May 10, 2006 at 2:35 AM Post #14 of 14
i guess you are right. having a skin will take away the sleekness of it. but at the same time, when you put the zvm into your backpack, having that layer of protection helps, so things wont be pressing against the zvm directly.

and i'm sure no case will save any daps if you are gonna drop it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back