does anyone still love their ps1000?
Jun 21, 2011 at 8:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 292

music_man

Headphoneus Supremus
it seems they are no longer liked very much. i remember when they were like the ultimate fotm. people could not wait to get them. i wonder what happened to zanth. if you are around zanth, do you still love them? i still love mine. for more reasons then the sound even. i am proud of what grado has done as a small american company. my current pair have maybe tens of thousands of hours on them and have had no porblems. please, no bashing them here! i just want to know if anyone still really digs them. oh, and i'd like to hear from anyone that has a lot of posts. obviously someone that went from sr80's probably thinks they are great but what do the rest of you think? again, please do not bash them in this thread!

Jun 21, 2011 at 11:43 PM Post #3 of 292
geez. i guess the lack of interest in this thread about sums it up. well for the record, i still love mine. i think i just said that though
gs1000.gif

Jun 22, 2011 at 9:13 AM Post #5 of 292
GS1000 marked the end of Grado for me. The PS1000 and HF2 confirmed that Grado has nothing new to offer except for producing headphones with average sound and poor build quality.

Jun 22, 2011 at 9:47 AM Post #7 of 292

Quote:
They don't get much love because they are average headphones and cost as much as the HD800. If Grado prices them at $500-$800 they would receive some more attention.

Do you believe that $500-$800 is a good price for an average headphone?

Jun 22, 2011 at 10:06 AM Post #9 of 292
No, the best idea is for them to be free, but you didn't answer my question.

Jun 22, 2011 at 10:24 AM Post #11 of 292
A few reasons come to mind as to why PS1000 owners choose not to make our presence felt here. Fear of persecution might be one. There's so few of us could be another. Maybe we have nothing to prove and are just quietly content with what we have, even if it is regarded by many here (including those who haven't heard it) as overpriced, unfashionable, unworthy and not an orthodynamic. 
wink.gif

Jun 22, 2011 at 10:43 AM Post #12 of 292
I personally would love to get my hands on one to give them a chance.  I think the closest I'm going to get will be my upcoming Jaben AluMod'ed Grado's I'm going to make when I get home with several mods as well.  I don't however think I could pay what they sell for, for a pair even if they were absolutely astounding.

Jun 22, 2011 at 11:42 AM Post #13 of 292
Jun 22, 2011 at 3:22 PM Post #15 of 292

Quote:
Really 
biggrin.gif
. Does it matter what I think is a good price for average headphones? My point was they are overpriced which is why few people buy them.

No, it doesn't matter.

Your point is IYO.  You have no proof that they are overpriced or if that is the reason few people buy them.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back