does anyone own both the Livewires and Sleek SA6?
Jul 15, 2008 at 8:08 PM Post #2 of 14
I don't own either but from the pictures they look different.

Jul 15, 2008 at 8:33 PM Post #3 of 14
Yeah, one is universal, and one is custom
wink.gif

Both have good rotatable removeable plugs and good cables.

The Livewires have two drivers, and the SA6 one (i think)

The SA6 is customizable sound wise, however the Livewires are very balanced in bass and highs, and sound truly amazing. Havnt heard the sa6 though.

Customs are more comfortable.

They are also working on an Sa6 custom.

All I can say really...Havnt heard the SA6.

Jul 15, 2008 at 8:47 PM Post #4 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baines93 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wink.gif

The SA6 is customizable sound wise, however the Livewires are very balanced in bass and highs, and sound truly amazing. Havnt heard the sa6 though.

And?

Jul 15, 2008 at 9:15 PM Post #5 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baines93 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wink.gif

I gotta ask, did you even read the original question?

EyeAmEye,

From my understanding the SA6's connectors are unique and patented by Sleek so they wouldn't be interchangeable.

Jul 16, 2008 at 1:16 AM Post #7 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by elnero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I gotta ask, did you even read the original question?

EyeAmEye,

From my understanding the SA6's connectors are unique and patented by Sleek so they wouldn't be interchangeable.

I see, thanks. Reason I ask is I PM'd Alex asking if he would consider making a cable for the Sleeks and he said after they put the finishing touches on the UE cable, the LiveWires are next. I know the LiveWires have something similar but wasn't sure if there was a difference. Too bad.

Jul 16, 2008 at 1:50 AM Post #8 of 14
I think I answered this question before: LiveWires uses the connector commonly found on USB WiFi adapter (for removable external antenna) and USB TV adapter, which is different from Sleek Audio.

There is already another IEM that use the same SA6's connector: Panasonic RP-HJE900
panasonic-rp-hje900-600.jpg

Jul 16, 2008 at 2:43 AM Post #9 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think I answered this question before: LiveWires uses the connector commonly found on USB WiFi adapter (for removable external antenna) and USB TV adapter, which is different from Sleek Audio.

There is already another IEM that use the same SA6's connector: Panasonic RP-HJE900

Ah, I already knew about the Panasonics, I remembered you posting that. I didn't know what connector the LiveWires had, but you answered that as well. Thanks.

Jul 16, 2008 at 4:36 AM Post #10 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by EyeAmEye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ah, I already knew about the Panasonics, I remembered you posting that. I didn't know what connector the LiveWires had, but you answered that as well. Thanks.

LiveWires connector, posted by FrederikS|TPU on techPoerUp.com
connector_1.jpg

Jul 16, 2008 at 2:06 PM Post #14 of 14
I was never much of a cable believer until I tried the UE SuperFi cable on the FreQShow. Absolutely horrible, made the FreQShow sound like an entry level IEM, bass dropped considerably and midrange sounded hollow. Now I have the UE custom cable on the way to test with the Freqs, will see what that can do.

Since I got the Sleek custom, I am wondering what a better cable can do. The stock cable isn't bad by any stretch and the Sleek sounds great, but a better cable might take things up a notch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back