does anyone make a decent set of earbuds w/mic?
Jan 7, 2012 at 3:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

skree

Head-Fier
As titled, with the amount of mobile/cell phones that have good mp3 players and 4 pole jack sockets as the output you'd think most manufacturers would make versions of all their earphones/iems/etc that have a microphone built in for mobile call use.. I've seen plenty of IEMs that have, but no traditional earbud sets

does anyone make a half decent set with mic? something that competes with my sennheiser mx-880s or perhaps is better? I can't use IEMs in public, they're not safe - or rather, i am not safe whilst wearing them

or does anyone make an adaptor cable that wont break in 5 minutes and allows decent earbud use ? i'm fairly desperate for something as it bugs the hell out of me not having a mic i can use on calls.. even considered one of those 20cm 4pole splitter cables and using the senns and the original headset with its earphones cut off - messy

Jan 7, 2012 at 4:11 AM Post #2 of 12
Etymotic HF series.

Jan 7, 2012 at 7:15 AM Post #4 of 12
My fault for not reading lol. Sorry :frowning2:

Jan 7, 2012 at 1:36 PM Post #6 of 12
I feel the pain, would be nice if more manufacturers offered canal phones/ buds with inline mics

I know you said no canal phones, but as a suggestion, I just got a pair of ETY MC3, and if you have an iphone/ ipod touch they have an app called AWARENESS! http://www.etymotic.com/awareness/ (also made by ETY, and its free) which will allow outside noises to come through the mic so you can hear whats going on around you, you can also adjust that volume separate from your music volume...

Jan 7, 2012 at 1:42 PM Post #7 of 12
Jan 8, 2012 at 8:01 AM Post #9 of 12
Hmm. no ety software for me. I don't have an iphone.. or even a 'smart' phone.. lol

I'll check out those marshalls but they look easily broken/uncomfortable. my earbuds must be tough, the senns have already taken a 215lb ape standing on them (at least thrice)

not the end of the world if i cant find any. the phone's mic does work with earphones in it just isn't good enough to leave the phone in my pocket and stay on a call. I have been thinking of buying a set of monoprice or jvc fullsize closed cans and doing a custom cable, also

Jan 8, 2012 at 3:05 PM Post #10 of 12
HiSoundAudio HiPhone-1 http://www.head-fi.org/t/577250/hisoundaudio-hiphone-1-review

Users who are viewing this thread

Back