Does anyone have the SR-71 from Todd yet?
Jun 10, 2004 at 4:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Dan the audioman

1000+ Head-Fier
Does anyone have the SR-71 yet? Todd's site says that they will start shipping them out by June 1st...and im getting impacient...I want impressions!
biggrin.gif
evil_smiley.gif

I've only listened to this amp for a short time when I was at the April Chicago meet...anyone who has a lot of listening time with this amp...SPEAK UP!

Best Regards,
Dan

Jun 11, 2004 at 7:37 PM Post #3 of 11
I just got this update from Ray concerning the SR-71. He wanted me to pass it along to those of us on Head-Fi.

Quote:

Sorry headfiers, some times even though you promise a delivery time after getting some echo from the suppliers or the chassis manufacturers, you will find out that they did not meet their dead lines. Now we are looking at 10 days to 2 weeks, for the shipping of the Emmeline SR-71 portable headphone amp.
Thanks for your patiance....
Ray Samuels

Jun 11, 2004 at 8:18 PM Post #4 of 11
Thanks for replying.

Well, thats ok i guess. That gives me more time to get the money together!
biggrin.gif

Best Regards,
Dan

Jun 16, 2004 at 1:53 AM Post #5 of 11
me too waha

are these mass produced? meaning i won't have to wait like i did for the PR? or they making a batch of them and if you weren't in line you'd have to wait for the next batch? (may be a difficult question to answer
tongue.gif
)

Jun 16, 2004 at 6:56 AM Post #6 of 11
Ray's amps are as mass-produced as a niche product like these amps can be. He offers only one case which allows this to go out to vendors (such as Todd) as a "stockable" item. LaRocco's case machineing, while beautiful, also lends it to be a more custom just-in-time product. Also, remember, the PR is only sold through LaRocco whereas Samuels has outside vendors selling his range of amps. I would guess you will see a sizeable first batch of the SR-71 and that supplies might take a few months to meet demands (at least gauging by the Head-Fi threads).

Jun 19, 2004 at 2:15 PM Post #8 of 11
Man the wait is killing me!
280smile.gif
Placed my order back in May and was expecting a mid June shippment.

Jun 19, 2004 at 5:39 PM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by highflyin9
Just be glad you didn't order an HD300
tongue.gif

So how long have you been waiting?!
eek.gif

Update from Todd
Just got an email from Todd with an updated shipping status!

Quote:

The amps are shipping to me next week so the latest it would ship to you is one week from Monday and possibly sooner!

eggosmile.gif

Jun 20, 2004 at 2:39 AM Post #11 of 11
I ordered mine about two or three weeks ago after I saw the New York Meet pictures. According to Todd, he is shipping before the end of the month. He expects to receive his shipment next week, box them over the weekend, and ship the following Monday. This is ahead of the schedule I discussed with Ray Samuels. Todd uses priority mail I think, and it takes a couple of days. But Ray was less optimistic a couple of weeks ago. We'll see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back