does anyone have internal photos of the LA7000?
Feb 12, 2010 at 10:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

jarthel

500+ Head-Fier
as title. thank you
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 12, 2010 at 7:32 PM Post #2 of 12
Yes. Just check the "markl" mod' thread for pics of MD2000/MD5000 and MD7000's.

Feb 12, 2010 at 7:35 PM Post #3 of 12
His site shows the inside of the cups and the mod but I dont think he shows the dampening material that he uses inside of the la7000 since it is different than the rest of his mods. Its proprietary.

Feb 12, 2010 at 8:54 PM Post #4 of 12
i could tell you how it looks

all the la7000 mod is is black goo stuff inside the cup about 65% covering the middle completely not the curved part.

then just goo metal stuff around the driver going down the white plastic on the driver

so like

( ( ) ) <--- only the rings have dampening all done !

( ) <--- part gos up the side and comes all the way to the middle with a hole cutout the same size as the metal part

( ) only the walls have dampening

i think that covers it took mine apart 3 times so i remember quite well if you did yours a took a pic i could tell you if it looked the same
smily_headphones1.gif

or someone might have a pic

Feb 12, 2010 at 10:16 PM Post #5 of 12
hi momomo.

I am quite confused with your parenthesis drawing. can you please take a pic?

thank you

Quote:

Originally Posted by momomo6789 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i could tell you how it looks

all the la7000 mod is is black goo stuff inside the cup about 65% covering the middle completely not the curved part.

then just goo metal stuff around the driver going down the white plastic on the driver

so like

( ( ) ) <--- only the rings have dampening all done !

( ) <--- part gos up the side and comes all the way to the middle with a hole cutout the same size as the metal part

( ) only the walls have dampening

i think that covers it took mine apart 3 times so i remember quite well if you did yours a took a pic i could tell you if it looked the same
smily_headphones1.gif

or someone might have a pic

Feb 12, 2010 at 11:19 PM Post #7 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by KingStyles /img/forum/go_quote.gif
His site shows the inside of the cups and the mod but I dont think he shows the dampening material that he uses inside of the la7000 since it is different than the rest of his mods. Its proprietary.

Really? So for the LA7000 he uses something other than Dynamat? I had no idea. What could be better than Dynamat?

Feb 13, 2010 at 4:23 AM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by momomo6789 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
if you find a pic of a denon driver i can color it pretty to show you how it looks

just cover any plastic on the driver with dampening nothing more then the plastic.

once I get mine, I'll take a pic and maybe you can help then. thank you

Feb 13, 2010 at 10:58 AM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by KingStyles /img/forum/go_quote.gif

what's the URL? the only mod pics I see are from the original markl mods.

Feb 13, 2010 at 4:30 PM Post #12 of 12
Hi guys,
Neither of the two damping materials used in the LA7000 are dynamat, they are similar compounds, less rigid, less thick and heavy than Dynamat. We've done a lot of testing with different materials, they aren't at all all created equal by any stretch. We've discovered D7000 doesn't go best with the dynamat like D5000 does for example. Precise materials used on any one LA7000 will depend on customer described sonic/musical preferences and goals for the Denons, the kind of wood used for the custom cups, etc. So, it can be a combo of factors that determines which materials, where and how much to use on any one headphone.

At some point in the future I hope to do a new how-to thread with specific instructions for each phone in the Denon line; the mod has evolved over time, they all have slightly different mods now and use slightly different materials for best tuning. I'm always still experimenting with things, so I never get around to publish findings because mod is never really "done", always something else to test out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back