Does anyone have heard LavryDA11 and AudioGd Ref1 ??
Oct 6, 2009 at 4:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

iamitman

100+ Head-Fier
Between LavryDA11 and AudioGD Ref1 Dac. You prefer what ?

My system is

Headphone : Grado GS1000 (looking to changed to PS1000)
Headamp : Rudistor NX-33

I'm listen to pop more than 90%

Thanks for your reply.

Oct 6, 2009 at 9:26 PM Post #4 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmychan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You will find Ref1 is better than DA11 in every aspect.

Search Ref1 thread, you will find out more.

Quote:

Originally Posted by moonboy403 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't think there's any comparison between the two DAC yet. Would you care to find us that comparison you're referring to jimmychan?

jimmychan's only posts apart from here are in other AudioGD threads, this looks suspiciously like either fanboyism or shilling, btw I have no opinion on either of these items.

Oct 7, 2009 at 12:17 AM Post #5 of 12
I've only owned the DA-10, so I would only be able to compare to that. The area in which the Ref 1 and other PCM1704-based DACs have exceeded is in the naturalness of the sound. I found instruments such as pianos and violins sounded harsh through the DA-10 and other DACs, but sound far more real through the Ref 1 and similar DACs. This is important to me for classical and jazz, but less so with pop, so the benefits of that may not be realized so much, however, if you're looking for maximum detail and naturalness, and you don't mind that the Ref 1 is physically huge compared to the DA-11 and have a source that has a coax digital output (as there are no other options for input), it's a good choice. They are each built with slightly different goals in mind.

nick_charles: Fanboyism.

Oct 7, 2009 at 3:40 AM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by iamitman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In this price range.Does you have other DAC to prefer to me ??

At this price range, you have plenty of options if you go used.
wink.gif

Oct 7, 2009 at 4:32 AM Post #9 of 12
You can ask for optical input for Ref1. I have never heard of DA10 or 11, so I can't comment on that. Good luck with your search.

buffalo 32s is also a good DAC which I don't mind using. Either one is fine in my book.

Oct 7, 2009 at 4:45 AM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by tosehee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can ask for optical input for Ref1. I have never heard of DA10 or 11, so I can't comment on that. Good luck with your search.

buffalo 32s is also a good DAC which I don't mind using. Either one is fine in my book.

Which one did you like better? Did you hear the Buffalo in the same system as the Ref1?

Oct 7, 2009 at 6:25 PM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by iamitman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In this price range.Does you have other DAC to prefer to me ??

Iamitman,
you might consider the new CEC DA53n. I've had it in my system for some days recently and found it pretty impressive. Have owned the Lavry DA10 some time ago, which was nice. I didn't compare Lavry and CEC side by side, however I think the latter makes a more refined sounding DAC/Pre. No remote control though, regrettably.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back