Does Anyone Have Experience With Future Sonics SofterWear Custom-Fit Sleeves For The Atrio?
Mar 14, 2011 at 3:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Starsky5000

500+ Head-Fier
I'm seriously thinking about going the custom route on my Atrios because I've tried and tried the tips that came with the Atrios and purchased additional tips to try and it's getting frustrating to have a good fit, although when I do for the time the Atrios are extremely engaging and fun earphones. I can't put them down and I've never felt that way about any earphones ever.

So with that said, does anyone on this forum have experience with Future Sonics SofterWear Custom-Fit Sleeves?

Are they worth the investment? $50 for the audiologist to get ear impressions and another $128.20 (with the 20% off & includes $9 shipping charges to Future Sonics) to get the sleeves made?

That comes up to $178.20.

Are they comfortable?

Do they improve the sound quality?

Thank You.

Mar 14, 2011 at 3:50 PM Post #2 of 9
My audiologist, a musician himself, has the softerwear sleeves for his Atrios. They look very nice and well made and he likes them a lot.

Andrew Resnick is his name, google him and maybe send him a quick email. He'd be a good audiologist since you're in NYC.

Mar 14, 2011 at 3:55 PM Post #3 of 9

Quote:
My audiologist, a musician himself, has the softerwear sleeves for his Atrios. They look very nice and well made and he likes them a lot.

Andrew Resnick is his name, google him and maybe send him a quick email. He'd be a good audiologist since you're in NYC.

Thank You Kunlun. The funny thing is today when I was looking at audiologist recommended by Future Sonics Dr. Resnick's office was the first office i called. They charge $85 for both ears.

So I called another office and they charge only $50 for both ears so went with them. This Wednesday 11 am is my appointment.

Mar 14, 2011 at 4:00 PM Post #5 of 9
Thank You Kunlun. Also Thank You for putting me onto the Atrios.

Mar 19, 2011 at 2:51 PM Post #6 of 9
Feb 23, 2012 at 10:12 PM Post #7 of 9
Hey Starsky, sorry to come in on an old thread but I was curious to know how you got on with the Softerwear sleeves. I'm currently using Comply P-Series tips with my Atrio M5's. If the custom sleeves can really make these things sound even better, I want to know about it. Cheers, Chris.

Apr 27, 2018 at 10:26 PM Post #8 of 9
I realize this is a thread from the ages but I'm kind of surprised this is basically the only thread about the FS custom ear sleeves!

I've been an avid user of the FS IEMs for many years and have always loved the sound signature using their foam sleeves (very comfy too). But, replacing the sleeves so often was a pain and I really didn't want to to drop a grand on a custom IEM.

So, I opted for a set of the custom sleeves and it's the best decision I've made, after the FS earphone itself that is.

They are a perfect fit and so secure! The main thing is that they retain the true FS sound sig, which is ruined by everyother sleeve (I've tried them all basically!).

For anyone considering these, feel free to contact me for any further info. I'd definitely recommend them!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back