Does anyone ever actually use their KSC 35s?
Jul 13, 2004 at 9:27 AM Post #46 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by DLP
Then I got my iRiver MP3 player and I thought they sounded bad again.

Interesting, that's exactly what happened to me. I was a huge KSC35 fan until I got my iHP, and somehow they just didn't work so well with the iHP. As a result, I haven't used them in ages
frown.gif

Jul 13, 2004 at 9:29 AM Post #47 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve999
You can check more than one poll choice!!!

I see we recommend the KSC 35s a lot to newbies. I agree they sound amazing..

BUT... does anyone actually use their KSC-35s? Are they actually a good pracital choice? Or is the thin tangly cord and the clip design just too impractical? I know I never use mine. I've tweaked my portapros to sound just like my KSC 35s, and I do use my portapros, though...
smily_headphones1.gif

I tried them once and have no idea what you are talking about...
lambda.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jul 13, 2004 at 3:45 PM Post #48 of 60
I use these every day while travelling to work. This is usually a 1-1.5 hour ordeal so I get some good use out of them. I pair them up with my Sony MD MZ-S1. I like what daycart1 wrote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by daycart
These must be the most "colored" headphones in the world--lots of fun!

They must be indeed. But they are A LOT of fun to listen to. The bass is a bit hyped, overly plump, soft and warm. The highs are dynamic and just a bit tizzy with a slight zing in the "ssss" reproduction. The mids are wonderful and they are a fairly easy load for my MD unit. The MD technology from what some folks have been writing, provides a pleasant sound, so I am a far cry from accurate and transparent listening but I rock all the way to work! And that is all that matters.

I wish they were built better, akin to the AT ear clips.

Jul 13, 2004 at 5:03 PM Post #49 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by boodi
probably will try soon a grado/alessandro for everyone who did say ksc35 are like downgraded grados .

They do at that(ksc50's, I'm assuming the 35's as well), especially with an amp. There are even situations in which I prefer the koss to my grado's, as grado's are big and annoying to carry around when you aren't using them.

Jul 13, 2004 at 6:08 PM Post #50 of 60
I'm a mix between "No i have better phones" and "Yes I use them". Reason being I love the KSC35, but only use it for my portable system, which I use infrequently since 90% of my listening is done either at work or at home. And for those situations, I use my Grados or Senn HD25.

But I love the KSC35 so much that I got 3 pairs. The first pair was great, then was stolen by my brother. So I got a 2nd pair to replace mine. Then he broke the clips on his. And stole mine again. So I got a 3rd pair.

He uses his all the time walking or exercising or just listening to music out of his Rio Karma.

Jul 13, 2004 at 9:23 PM Post #51 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3lusiv3
I have never used clip-on headphones and don't think I ever will? I don't like the idea of clip-ons, earphones or canalphones.

same here, I find clip-ons, earphones, and canalphones uncomfotable

Jul 29, 2004 at 10:12 PM Post #52 of 60
Graveyard bump. I'm glad to read here that these are great bedroom phones too - the Alessandros are way too uncomfortable when your head is on a pillow.

Sep 9, 2004 at 5:13 AM Post #53 of 60
double graveyard bump. how can anyone sleep in these?! i can barely manage earebuds and those dont even get pushed against me by the pillow.

And to those that work out in these, have you had any failures from excessive sweating? I see that being a problem with anything but buds as well.

Sep 9, 2004 at 7:12 AM Post #54 of 60
these are almost impossible to wear, and how can you sleep with them?
rolleyes.gif

bah...

Sep 9, 2004 at 7:41 AM Post #56 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Imyourzero
OK, so after reading all 3 pages of posts, I'm still lost as to whether the KSC-35's or the PortaPro's sound better. I know that wasn't the topic, but I was hoping to gain some insight.
biggrin.gif

the porta pro are more bass - heavy , can fatigue on period .
the ksc 35 IMO are yet bassy headphones .
IMO , again , they sound good both, the ksc 35 having an adge over the porta pro for portability .

Sep 9, 2004 at 11:21 AM Post #57 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by ogewo
And to those that work out in these, have you had any failures from excessive sweating?

I've been biking with them daily all summer, and haven't seen any problems. Ears don't sweat that much, and any sweat that does get on them will normally be absorbed by the pads. I suppose eventually the pads may deteriorate, but that will probably take a number of years of heavy use, and by that time I will have experienced their value many times over.

And remember Koss' lifetime warranty. If anything does happen to them, Koss will fix or replace them. I just hope they still have some 35s around at that time. In fact, I may pick up a set of spares at some point just in case.

Sep 9, 2004 at 2:46 PM Post #58 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Imyourzero
OK, so after reading all 3 pages of posts, I'm still lost as to whether the KSC-35's or the PortaPro's sound better. I know that wasn't the topic, but I was hoping to gain some insight.
biggrin.gif

Well, you must try both to know
wink.gif

To me, the KSC-35 was the better solution. Too bad I sold it when I wanted the PortaPro...
rolleyes.gif

Sep 10, 2004 at 1:55 PM Post #59 of 60
I use them with portable audio or my notebook...everywhere, where my HD580 are too big...

KOSS lifetime warranty is also big benefit for this type of headphones.
I've them for about 3 years and changed them 3times using No Questions Asked warranty (I've ran them over with my chair, got up and walked away from PC while they were still connected etc.)
580smile.gif

As for the sound, they are pretty good, but not as awesome as HD580...
Oh I forgot - they sound better without earpads to me
wink.gif

Sep 10, 2004 at 3:30 PM Post #60 of 60
They are great walking around in the city phones for Ipod use. They do not scream "I have a $300 DAP" to possible miscreants, the clip on design allows the ear to breathe in hot summer weather, they are relatively easily driven, they allow you to hear important outside noise (sirens, horns, explosions etc), and most of all they sound good! And if you did lose them or they broke, you wouldn't be overly traumatized...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back