Does Anyone Else Think...
Apr 23, 2002 at 2:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

zodiac154

New Head-Fier
Wow... Does ANYONe other than me... kinda think the HD600s look kinda... ugly =P whats going on with the attempted marble effect with the bluish speckles?

Is there ANY way to change these aesthetically? has anyone
tried?

You would think the HD600s would look more badass than the 580s but NOoooooooOOoo...

my opinion =P dont kill me. plz.

i go hide.

hidden.

-Zodiac

Apr 23, 2002 at 2:49 AM Post #3 of 17
I'm with you here; that pseudo-marble texture kind of makes it seem like anyone wearing them is ego-deficient and needs expensive looking headphones to feel somehow distinguished.

Apr 23, 2002 at 3:33 AM Post #5 of 17
IMHO, the absolute best looking Senny was the 580 Aniversary model. It looked like a 600, but with a really cool carbon fiber weave.

Apr 23, 2002 at 4:26 AM Post #9 of 17
I know I am in the minority on this, but I like 'em. I do see what other people dislike about them, and a carbon fiber weave would be superior, as would a black finish of some sort (matte, black chrome, whatever), but they're not bad. IMHO.

And I dress myself.

Apr 23, 2002 at 4:43 AM Post #10 of 17
Carbon Fiber Weave ....*droooollllsss*

i took a look at Sean H's sennheiser Hd-600's
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showth...threadid=10794

and somehow mine look really differeny. i don't know if i can tell but by his picture it looks like he has Green Marble and blue ear pads and purple head pads
confused.gif

my sennheiser HD-600s looks like black granite and it has black ear pads and black head pads.

maybe i should have PM him about it...
frown.gif

but anyways carbon fiber weave *droooolllllsss*
biggrin.gif

wish i had the Hd-580 Jubilee's
rolleyes.gif

anyone know where to find a big pic of the Jubilee's?

Apr 23, 2002 at 6:02 AM Post #12 of 17
maybe if you can somehow remove the stock black grilles and strip the coating on it till the steel shows. but i don't think it would be wise cuz it could end up rusting up and looking even nastier
eek.gif

aluminum grilles < aluminum gets a slight tarnish on them and they don't have that silver luster on it. unless they coat it with silver of maybe anadonize (pardon the spelling) the aluminum?

me want big pic of the Jubilee's!!!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 23, 2002 at 7:00 AM Post #13 of 17
Quote:

Originally posted by zodiac154
time to... somehow put the metal grille on 580s

anyone have any ideas?
lol

ITS GOTTA BE POSSIBLE!!!

If the earpieces of both the 600 and 580 are shaped the same, it might be possible to just swap the grills. Take the earpieces off the headband, remove the driver elements, and then pop out the grills and swap em. This is just a total guess, but if they're put together anything like the HD565, then it shouldn't be too hard to find out whether you can just pop the grills off or not.

Apr 23, 2002 at 7:48 AM Post #15 of 17
As I have said earlier, the headband looks like my kitchen top, if I leave it there, someone might hack it with a chopping knife. I am on the lookout for nice stickers to paste over this.

The light blue plastic on the side is as cheap as it gets which I masked it with black insulation tape. What a far cry from the HD580.

The colour coordinator for this ought to be shot!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back