Does a 100GIG+ Ogg Vorbis portable HDD Music/PMP player exist?
Sep 29, 2006 at 8:21 AM Post #17 of 26
Archos would have been an appropriate option if they actually supported playback of the Ogg Vorbis file format. They are one of the few modern manufacturers that design players with capacities at or in excess of 100GB on a regular basis.

Sep 29, 2006 at 9:15 AM Post #18 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by D555
160GB might not be enough but may be OK! It's a big project. Time to open a radio station!

I'm not sure I would place the same premium that you place in the ability to bring it all on the road. You do go home once in a while.
evil_smiley.gif

If the Archos was your player of choice, fine. Otherwise, I would not think a lot about going with a smaller player. That was my point.

Keep on Truckin'
wink.gif

Oct 2, 2006 at 12:46 AM Post #23 of 26
I had looked at a couple of Archos models. They were on sale at Amazon and I was interested in the larger screen.

I read some consumer reviews. They were not all good. They did not like the quality of the dap and customer service is very poor.

I have no personal experience, but that is what I have read.

Oct 2, 2006 at 2:07 AM Post #24 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by pds6
I had looked at a couple of Archos models. They were on sale at Amazon and I was interested in the larger screen.

I read some consumer reviews. They were not all good. They did not like the quality of the dap and customer service is very poor.

I have no personal experience, but that is what I have read.

well amazon reviews are usually pretty ******, i suggest googling for a better review

Oct 2, 2006 at 6:12 AM Post #25 of 26
58impala says:
Quote:

well amazon reviews are usually pretty ******, i suggest googling for a better review

I don't know about you, but for the most part I find the Amazon reviews are usual more favorable than they should be.
eggosmile.gif

Oct 2, 2006 at 8:35 AM Post #26 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by pds6
58impala says:

I don't know about you, but for the most part I find the Amazon reviews are usual more favorable than they should be.
eggosmile.gif

i meant ****** more in the means of that they arent informative and often come from folks who dont know what they are talking about

Users who are viewing this thread

Back