Does $99.99 for Klipsch Custom 3s put them above newer IEMs in that price range?
Dec 7, 2010 at 12:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

BGSO

New Head-Fier
A couple of months ago I finally made the jump from crappy three dollar headphones to what I've thought of as a pretty nice set of Klipsch Custom 1s. It's getting close to the holidays and I've been looking at different IEMs in the 100 dollar range to upgrade to. 

While looking around I noticed that the Custom 3s can be bought for under 100 dollars.  I know that the general consensus on these headphones isn't the greatest, but I assume those reviews are made comparing the Custom 3s to other 300 dollar IEMs. 

I guess what I'm really looking for is some sort of endorsement that at $100 the custom 3s are a good pick, but I'd love to know what other headphones are worth taking a look at in that price range.

Things I listen to:
-Classical
-Heavy Metal
-Rock

Thanks in advance for the help.

Dec 7, 2010 at 12:15 AM Post #2 of 3
I haven't heard them personally so I can't really endorse them but I hear that the Custom 3s are very good for the price but are prone to durability issues so that's something to consider.

Dec 7, 2010 at 12:23 AM Post #3 of 3
I'm intrigued by the Custom 3s as well.  I have a feeling that as long they aren't a part of your portable set-up they're a great buy, from the reviews I've read they almost seem guaranteed to fall apart in a few months.  That and the microphonics.  Seems like they'd be great for home or office use.  Try reading up on the Re-Zeros and seeing if that fits your bill.

Here's a thread to check out:

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/478568/multi-iem-review-123-iems-compared-sunrise-xcape-brainwavz-m3-added-11-30

Users who are viewing this thread

Back