Docking Issue with E7/E9... help in Pittsburgh area?
Jun 11, 2012 at 12:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

easyridertme

New Head-Fier
I did a bit of searching for this, and I haven't found anyone experiencing quite the same problem as I am having. I have been using the E7/E9 combination for over a year now without any issue. I recently moved and I've been having this issue since setting them back up. 

Basically, when I dock the E7 to the E9, I will briefly get sound, but then it will cut out. The screen of the E7 flashes back and forth between the volume and lock and unlock. I tried fidgeting the E7 to make sure it's properly seated but the problem has not gone away. Everything else is hooked up the same way that it always has been. I tried resetting the E7, but the E7 functions fine as the USB DAC to speakers--it's only an issue when docked.

The units were in their original packaging when I moved and were not subjected to any rough handling.

Has anyone had a similar issue with theirs? Am I just in a state of denial that I have a faulty dock on my E9? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Jun 12, 2012 at 2:33 PM Post #2 of 4
Bumping and additional info.

I contacted FiiO and received a reply in about 14 hours (so far so good!). They suggested that, if I know anyone with the E7 or E9, I try out interchanging their equipment with mine so that I can pinpoint which unit is actually the problem. Otherwise, I'll probably have to send both units back, because I don't know whether its the connection in the E7 or the dock on the E9 that's faulty.

I don't know anyone personally, so I'm making the odd request to see if anyone in the Pittsburgh area with either the E7 or E9 would be willing to meet up so I can test it. PM me if you're so kind!

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back