Do you tip at Starbucks?
Jun 30, 2008 at 3:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 62

TMusic

100+ Head-Fier
So, do you leave a tip after jetting away with your lattes? I do about half the time. A dollar at most, but usually just my change.

Jun 30, 2008 at 3:14 AM Post #3 of 62
I usually leave whatever change I have less than a dollar if they've been competent.

Jun 30, 2008 at 3:20 AM Post #5 of 62
I tip a dollar every time I go there. I've been a regular for many years and the staffs were always extremely friendly and helpful.

Jun 30, 2008 at 3:23 AM Post #6 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by analogbox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I tip a dollar every time I go there. I've been a regular for many years and the staffs were always extremely friendly and helpful.

I'm not really a regular but, ya, that's pretty much my attitude about tipping there. Usually $1 plus whatever change I get back. My experience has always been good as far as their service. Sometimes they seem to be working extremely hard, especially at airports.

Jun 30, 2008 at 3:25 AM Post #7 of 62
I always drop my change in the bowl; sometimes its under ten-cents; sometimes, like today, its 90+ cents. Sometimes if total comes to 3-bucks or so and I pay with a Fin, I'll drop the entire remainder in the bowl.

I always feel guilty when I pay with my debit card.
frown.gif

Jun 30, 2008 at 3:30 AM Post #10 of 62
I don't think anybody in my family ever tips the workers. I mean, we don't tip the McDonald workers either. But I personally tend to leave the extra change in the tip can.

Jun 30, 2008 at 3:31 AM Post #11 of 62
Actually there were many times where I've given them a 5 dollar bill by accident but somehow I don't feel bad because they've given me so many free sandwiches over the years. I think of it as merely paying it back.

Jun 30, 2008 at 3:32 AM Post #12 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why? I don't tip the Taco Bell guy.

My barista is a sweetie.
redface.gif
She likes starwars, anime and subarus. I wish I was 25 years younger.
frown.gif

Jun 30, 2008 at 3:32 AM Post #13 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by ingwe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My barista is a sweetie.
redface.gif
She likes starwars, anime and subarus. I wish I was 25 years younger.
frown.gif

LOL one at a time...
wink.gif

Jun 30, 2008 at 3:43 AM Post #14 of 62
Quote:

My barista is a sweetie. She likes starwars, anime and subarus. I wish I was 25 years younger.

When I was a waiter at my aunt's restaurant, her daughter would get crazy tips cause she looked an import model. I got I.O.U.s.

Jun 30, 2008 at 3:47 AM Post #15 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When I was a waiter at my aunt's restaurant, her daughter would get crazy tips cause she looked an import model. I got I.O.U.s.

That's actually how one of my cousins met her now-husband. He and a couple of friends had her as their waitress, and he asked her out afterwards.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back