Do you think you're done?
Mar 26, 2010 at 12:18 AM Post #32 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by DayoftheGreek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I might get a uDac this summer, then call it quits for a while. I have been on pace to go about 1 year between audio purchases.

Wow right now it seems like that's a really long time for me but I guess once you get really good, high end audio gear it takes longer to purchase/find the next "best" thing.

Mar 26, 2010 at 12:53 AM Post #33 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by Young Spade /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow right now it seems like that's a really long time for me but I guess once you get really good, high end audio gear it takes longer to purchase/find the next "best" thing.

I don't have any really high end stuff (I guess my new HF-2 might count... a bit) but I'm just really skeptical of this whole hobby so I really force myself to take it slow.

I also don't like spending money. That makes it easy.

Mar 26, 2010 at 1:04 AM Post #34 of 57
Ah that makes sense. I wish I didn't like spending money. Anytime I get some money (around 200 bucks) I have a strong urge to spend it on something audio related. I'm selling my xbox 360 to someone at school tomorrow so I'm definitely looking for something to get
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 27, 2010 at 1:03 AM Post #36 of 57
In my opinion, $3000 budget is good enough to be done. I figure a $1000 amp, a $1000 CD player or DAC and remaining $1000 on a headphone or two. $50 on cables if your on a budget. If you plan to get the HD800 add that amount. If you are a serious headphone enthusiast, this is not really a lot of money IMO as long as you keep your rig for a very long time. There are much more expensive hobbies in a way.

Mar 27, 2010 at 1:26 AM Post #37 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I do not think, I know! That I am not done.
tongue.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Done, until next purchase.
tongue.gif

You should post some more
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spareribs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In my opinion, $3000 budget is good enough to be done. I figure a $1000 amp, a $1000 CD player or DAC and remaining $1000 on a headphone or two. $50 on cables if your on a budget. If you plan to get the HD800 add that amount. If you are a serious headphone enthusiast, this is not really a lot of money IMO as long as you keep your rig for a very long time. There are much more expensive hobbies in a way.

Already blown it
frown.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by DayoftheGreek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't have any really high end stuff (I guess my new HF-2 might count... a bit) but I'm just really skeptical of this whole hobby so I really force myself to take it slow.

That's probably the wisest path to take.

Mar 27, 2010 at 3:03 AM Post #42 of 57
Been mostly unemployed since 06/05/2009, and the State of Kansas has cut me off compensation on a technicality. Barring some lucky find at a sale or flea market, no new gear or music for me. In fact, I've been selling gear.
frown.gif

Actually, I did acquire a Micro Seiki TT some weeks ago, but that was in trade for some IC cables.

Mar 27, 2010 at 6:18 AM Post #43 of 57
Yep, pretty much done.

I think I'll get the T1, but there's no urgency or burning desire.

The rest of the gear makes me really, really happy. I've got my dream headphones, speakers, amps, and sources.

I need to finish building several projects, but escrow will close on a place with a shop in just a few weeks.
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
If i just had the free time.... But I've already got the parts, so no complaints.

Unless there's a major breakthrough, I'll be done when I finish the assorted projects. I'll stick around here (Head-F1 is a seond home), but I won't be buying anything.

Mar 27, 2010 at 8:02 AM Post #44 of 57
My headphone setups have been stable for some time and i don't plan to buy anything...i've settled on the AD900 and HD650, which i both enjoy.

Lately i completed my DIY speakers setup which took thee weeks of work, now i'm rediscovering my collection with great satisfaction. I don't see an upgrade coming for this setup either as it sounds fantastic, DIY provides great bang for the buck for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back