Do you think Apple will ever come out with a full-size/portable headphone?
Jun 11, 2009 at 7:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 39

K_19

Headphoneus Supremus
As many of you may know, Apple has already ventured out into the IEM market with the ADDIEM, a dual driver IEM which is apparently decent for its price. Although it's not like Apple will ever target the audiophile market, it's somewhat surprising to me that they haven't ventured out into the full size/portable headphone market on their own. One would think that they'd at least try to tap into the Skullcandy/Sony Budget market and I'm sure with their brand power, people will be all over it. I'd assume that they'd obviously be on the portable side of things, in a ES7/PX100 type of way.

So what do you all think? Do you think we will see this eventually, or is Apple going to stay with their minimalist ways with just releasing their own IEM's and buds?

Jun 11, 2009 at 7:55 PM Post #4 of 39
Who cares? Is it important to you to be brand allegiant and have an apple headphone? Do you really think Apple makes their IEMs? I don't. You really think the internal parts in an iPod are made by Apple? No... you can find iPod clones using the same wolfsen chip and same chipset and even the same screen.

Just like their computer speakers, and IEM, they don't make them other than have their logo on them. If that's important to you, just paste apple logos on your headphones. You'll be sure to be the most popular person among your friends. Either way as said before, it will just be something rebranded, nothing special.

Jun 11, 2009 at 8:07 PM Post #5 of 39
so far , from what i know apple products are good on their design and functionality , but when talking about specifications they never serious about it

so i wont expect they would actually appeal my ears

Jun 11, 2009 at 8:09 PM Post #6 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by devilcm3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so far , from what i know apple products are good on their design and functionality...

I don't think I've ever disagreed with someone more then this.

Jun 11, 2009 at 8:10 PM Post #7 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by dcpoor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
apple re-branded and colored dre beats. lol

or apple bose

Looks wise I'm thinking they'd be a carbon copy of ES7 in white, but replace the AT logo with the Apple. They probably wouldn't make it any bigger than that considering its emphasis on portability.

Jun 11, 2009 at 8:12 PM Post #8 of 39
I can't imagine how an apple full size would look. I'm thinking something easy going like the c-jays. But I don't think this would be something they'd take on, not without "acquiring" some dedicated audio team. But who knows?

I do wonder if they'll release some slick looking stereo bluetooth set though, now that the iPhone 3.0 os finally supports it. But then again, looking at how their current mono bluetooth headset looks, maybe it wouldn't look so hot :/

Jun 11, 2009 at 8:16 PM Post #9 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bojamijams /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't think I've ever disagreed with someone more then this.

im not a fan thou
icon10.gif

but just love the simple looks...thats all

Jun 11, 2009 at 8:37 PM Post #10 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by K_19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks wise I'm thinking they'd be a carbon copy of ES7 in white, but replace the AT logo with the Apple. They probably wouldn't make it any bigger than that considering its emphasis on portability.

yeah, that's a good candidate because it matches 100% with the white and chrome ipod look.

Jun 11, 2009 at 8:50 PM Post #11 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by dcpoor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yeah, that's a good candidate because it matches 100% with the white and chrome ipod look.

Honestly, I think my shiny black ES7 matches a lot more with my iTouch than the white ones do..
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 11, 2009 at 8:58 PM Post #12 of 39
Ahhh...
This again.
We all know that Pods don't have the best sound quality out there.
TMD, I can get a Zen X-Fi for 90$ here. 8GB + card slot. Used, of course.
Headphones.
PodBudz: Um...
In-ear ones: sound OK, unusable with other devices (or older Pods)
Double driver: never heard of it, hey, I'm in QC, TiVo is available everywhere in Canada except QC, what do you want.
Full-size: Cannot really imagine that, I have no idea whether Apple will bloat the price out of proportion (just like all of its other products, come on, macPro for 2800$? I can get an AMD Dragon system for half the price). May sound OK, just may just be another Bose.

Jun 11, 2009 at 9:53 PM Post #13 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Squirsier /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Honestly, I think my shiny black ES7 matches a lot more with my iTouch than the white ones do..
smily_headphones1.gif

lol, i completely forgot that the touch's and iphone's are black.
tongue.gif

Jun 11, 2009 at 10:07 PM Post #14 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3602 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Double driver: never heard of it, hey, I'm in QC, TiVo is available everywhere in Canada except QC, what do you want.

You know we do have Future Shop in Québec
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back