Do you stare at peak meters?
Mar 27, 2006 at 4:04 AM Post #2 of 23
Do you mean the rows of dots or bars that go up and down when music plays?
tongue.gif
(gotta love accurate technical descriptions)Yes, I'm mesmerized...
biggrin.gif

Mar 27, 2006 at 4:31 AM Post #4 of 23
nyet. Perhaps a few bottles of grandpa's ol cough medicine would change my mind . . .
wink.gif

Mar 27, 2006 at 4:32 AM Post #5 of 23
i had a BSR-EQ3000 in my rig for a while JUST to watch the nifty bands go up and down...up and down...
IMG_00011.jpg

Mar 27, 2006 at 5:18 PM Post #7 of 23
Oh yes. They're quite fun. My Marantz receiver has a power draw meter - not quite the same, but still blinkenlights. Row of horizontal old-school square LEDs that light up in sucession to show how many watts the speakers are drawing. Much fun with music with lots of dynamic range and/or silent passages. *whisperwhisperBOOMwhisperwhisper*

Off topic, something I've always wanted to do was build a simple 5-band one out of LEDs and mount it in the case of a CMoy or other headphone amp. However, I fear the electronics necessary to build such a device would be horrendously complex.

Mar 28, 2006 at 1:07 AM Post #11 of 23
Trip-arific iTunes visuals. Apparently really, really cool during highs, according to my friend. But I like them normally too.

Mar 28, 2006 at 1:07 AM Post #12 of 23
EDIT: Doubled. Itchy finger not been playing CS...

Mar 28, 2006 at 2:36 AM Post #13 of 23
A homebrew one shouldn't be too bad
http://sound.westhost.com/project60.htm

My concern would be the current draw and battery life...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephonovich
Oh yes. They're quite fun. My Marantz receiver has a power draw meter - not quite the same, but still blinkenlights. Row of horizontal old-school square LEDs that light up in sucession to show how many watts the speakers are drawing. Much fun with music with lots of dynamic range and/or silent passages. *whisperwhisperBOOMwhisperwhisper*

Off topic, something I've always wanted to do was build a simple 5-band one out of LEDs and mount it in the case of a CMoy or other headphone amp. However, I fear the electronics necessary to build such a device would be horrendously complex.

Mar 28, 2006 at 2:42 AM Post #14 of 23
We need to turn Clark Griswold's house into a peak meter.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back