Do You Sleep with your IEM or Customs!
Dec 17, 2009 at 8:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

xguntherc

100+ Head-Fier
I'm wondering who all sleeps with there IEM's. When I was younger I used to fall asleep listening to my apple buds. but I haven't for a long time.

I'm getting my TF10 Customs back next week sometime and I'm wondering if anyone sleeps with theres. Will a custom break possibly if it falls out and I lay on it, or are they pretty strong?

thanks for any input!

Dec 17, 2009 at 9:02 AM Post #3 of 19
Thats cuz bose sucks... ahah no no I'm totally joking.

I've slept with apple buds for a long time without any problems. I don't move much in my sleep either so I might be ok.. but I'm worried about the nozzle on my W2's or my coming up Customs

Dec 17, 2009 at 9:31 AM Post #4 of 19
Just woke up from a refreshing nap in the RE252. No issues whatsoever. Before that I've napped in the PL50s and PL30s. Very flush IEMs; ideal for sleeping.

Dec 17, 2009 at 10:41 AM Post #5 of 19
I don't sleep with any IEMs in my ears.
Especially with TF10's standard fit, which sticks outside of the ear a lot, I don't think you'll be very comfortable when you toss and turn in your sleep.

Dec 17, 2009 at 12:20 PM Post #7 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmiarka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any IEM that will sit flush with your ear, especially customs, should be comfortable. I'm also waiting for my TF10s to arrive so I can sent them off for a remold at FH.

I can't sleep with my customs, they just put too much pressure on my ear when I lay on them

Dec 17, 2009 at 1:27 PM Post #8 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by xguntherc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thats cuz bose sucks... ahah no no I'm totally joking.

No actually that's very true.

The Bose do break very easily. Sleeping with them only accelerates their death.

Dec 17, 2009 at 1:49 PM Post #9 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by mierenneuker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't sleep with my customs, they just put too much pressure on my ear when I lay on them

I cant sleep with any IEM's for the same reason i cant sleep directly on my back so when i roll over it pretty much hurts and keeps me from sleeping.

Dec 17, 2009 at 2:42 PM Post #11 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by chengbin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No actually that's very true.

The Bose do break very easily. Sleeping with them only accelerates their death.

Then, by all means, sleep away!
beerchug.gif

On topic: no, I don't sleep with IEMs. I don't trust my floppy-self to lie still enough to not obliterate them in my sleep.

Dec 17, 2009 at 4:30 PM Post #12 of 19
I've woken up with my ADDIEM/S4s wrapped in the weirdest ways around my limbs and body. Thankfully, both of them never broke or showed physical signs of wear.

Don't tell anyone, but I've also slept with PortaPros and HD202s. I woke up with unhappy ears.

I'm going to check out the PL50. People always ask for sleeping earbuds, and I never have a decent recommendation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back