Do you really need multi headphones when you buy a statement headphone
Sep 14, 2009 at 11:24 AM Post #2 of 42
Don´t rate headphones by price or statement or whatever just how they work for you There is no such thing as a perfect headphone no matter how much you pay anyway so yes you will probably be more happy with several headphones rather then just one.

It´s refreshing with a change to discover something new. I have a cycle going on speakers, Pro 900/450 Pro. I am never boored with all three at the same time. On the other hand I could easilly live with only one of them since they are all great allrounders.

Are you already selling your headphone pro for the Auditor?

Sep 14, 2009 at 12:35 PM Post #3 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For the price iyt should suffice for most genres..

I don't know what statement headphones are. I do know that my favorites here are my Senns, but I have a pair of much more efficient Audio Technicas for listening straight from my laptop and a pair of Etymotics for iPod use. The Senns alone would limit my listening options, and I enjoy the variety.

P

Sep 14, 2009 at 1:44 PM Post #5 of 42
can you define 'need'?
Thought this was all about 'fun'
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 14, 2009 at 1:59 PM Post #6 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For the price iyt should suffice for most genres..

Generally right but if one listens at work, home @ various locations it is inconvenient toting HP + amp/dac/source to drive them properly. Hence, several rigs with diff HP.

Sep 14, 2009 at 10:02 PM Post #8 of 42
No one (statement) headphone can do it all.........it really is that simple. It's nice to have another change of flavor or pace from genre to genre. IMO of course.

Peete.

Sep 14, 2009 at 10:10 PM Post #9 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pricklely Peete /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No one (statement) headphone can do it all.........it really is that simple. It's nice to have another change of flavor or pace from genre to genre. IMO of course.

Peete.

good point.

I personally feel that each setup suits each person differently. Some may like a bright sound, some may prefer a more balanced setup, etc., there's no way a single setup will satisfy everyone's music collection. That's the nice thing about headphones, you can switch out headphones on the fly to get a different sound (one favoring electronic, one favoring rock, etc.)

Sep 14, 2009 at 10:10 PM Post #10 of 42
My HD800s are the only headphones that get head time now. This is because they sound better than all my other headphones combined. So, did that answer your question? Also, anyone want some DT770s?

Sep 14, 2009 at 11:54 PM Post #12 of 42
I'm listening with HF-2s now out of a mid-fi rig, despite having a much better HD-800 set-up. It's just fun to have a different sound for a while sometimes.

Sep 15, 2009 at 12:32 AM Post #13 of 42
Honestly, I see no need for anything other than a technically excellent, neutral headphone. If the statement headphone you buy is flavored, you'll probably get sick of it and have to switch off with another flavor; buy neutral and you'll be happy with just one (generally, at least).

Sep 15, 2009 at 12:51 AM Post #14 of 42
I personally want more than one. I could live with just one, but I dont know of any headphone that is considered the best sounding in every genre. So thus different headphones for different genres. I suppose if you only listen to 1 or 2 types of music like classical and jazz or rock and pop than one could be enough.

Sep 15, 2009 at 1:29 AM Post #15 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by AtomikPi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Honestly, I see no need for anything other than a technically excellent, neutral headphone. If the statement headphone you buy is flavored, you'll probably get sick of it and have to switch off with another flavor; buy neutral and you'll be happy with just one (generally, at least).

Without a doubt. Spend the money building your system around that one, excellent headphone that sounds great with any music you throw at it.

You wouldn't use different speakers in your home setup for different songs. Just because it's easier to switch headphones out doesn't make it any less illogical.

smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back