Do you prefer DAC with MQA or without it?

MQA or No MQA?

• Yes.

• No.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Sep 13, 2021 at 2:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Wasaabi

Previously known as TweedLee
I am using a portable decoding amp without MQA decoding function, and I recently discovered that this amp has an MQA decoding version. But I saw the news on YouTube which said that the MQA is a scam.

Attachments

• 111.png
    111.png
    97.2 KB · Views: 0
Sep 13, 2021 at 10:50 AM Post #2 of 4

ClieOS

IEM Reviewer Extraordinaire
MQA might not be as good as it advertised to be, it doesn't mean a DAC/amp with MQA decoding is fundamentally bad. A few DAC chips maker, most noticeably ESS, is pushing to include MQA into more and more of their DAC chips line up. If a company designs a DAC/amp around a recent ESS DAC chip, the chance is MQA decoding will be included because it has already been built into the chip itself, whether user end up using it or not. It will be very silly for the DAC/amp manufacturing company not to advertise a feature that is included in their DAC/amp, but it is ultimately up to the user to decide whether MQA is worthy of their time and money or not. Even if you are not using the MQA function in the DAC/amp, it should still work just fine as a normal DAC/amp.

Sep 14, 2021 at 2:47 AM Post #3 of 4

Wasaabi

Previously known as TweedLee
MQA might not be as good as it advertised to be, it doesn't mean a DAC/amp with MQA decoding is fundamentally bad. A few DAC chips maker, most noticeably ESS, is pushing to include MQA into more and more of their DAC chips line up. If a company designs a DAC/amp around a recent ESS DAC chip, the chance is MQA decoding will be included because it has already been built into the chip itself, whether user end up using it or not. It will be very silly for the DAC/amp manufacturing company not to advertise a feature that is included in their DAC/amp, but it is ultimately up to the user to decide whether MQA is worthy of their time and money or not. Even if you are not using the MQA function in the DAC/amp, it should still work just fine as a normal DAC/amp.
Thanks for your explanation, your explanation really makes sense!

Sep 14, 2021 at 3:05 AM Post #4 of 4

Stevko

500+ Head-Fier
i don`t support MQA
MQA is nonsens from GB

Users who are viewing this thread