Do you miss the amps you sold?
Dec 6, 2008 at 2:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

TzeYang

500+ Head-Fier
I'm sure a lot of you DIY capable folks here do sell some headphone amplifiers of various designs to some people who requested for it personally.

Question is, do you miss the amplifiers you sold?

Personally, I do. I even missed the tiny maxed out cmoy I sold and actually considered rebuying it back for collection. <--- LOL. Apart of that, a few desktop amplifiers that I spent my heart into building them.

Dec 6, 2008 at 3:22 PM Post #3 of 15
I think he probably would not. Seeing he has a pimped out Beta24 in the house.
biggrin.gif

Dec 6, 2008 at 3:39 PM Post #4 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know AMB will miss his Beta22 sent to krmathis a lot.

I am sure he does!
tongue.gif

I have sold some amplifiers myself, but so far not missed any of them. Probably because I have kept those I really like.

Dec 6, 2008 at 4:39 PM Post #5 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by TzeYang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Question is, do you miss the amplifiers you sold?

Yes. Not all that have passed through my hands but there have been a couple that I was particularly invested in ( on a personal level ). I know the amp I am building at the moment is going to be very difficult to bid farewell
wink_face.gif

..dB

Dec 6, 2008 at 5:51 PM Post #6 of 15
My wife keeps suggesting I sell some of my DIY amps. I can't bring myself to do it.

I have a 6au6/6aq5 SE amp with meters that has been sitting on my desk unused for months and I just can't bring myself to sell it.

Dec 6, 2008 at 6:03 PM Post #7 of 15
No, not at all. While their photos live in my sig, they were sold for a reason - namely that I have built something superior, and someone else should be able to enjoy my previous generation in their journey up the chain.

Some will always be happy where they are - others never will.

Dec 7, 2008 at 3:22 AM Post #13 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by fordgtlover /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The only one I have actually sold is the Mini³. I miss it as a reference amp, but I didn't really have a practical use for it anyway. I'm a natural hoarder.

hehe and it will be arriving at my place tomorrow after buying it off webbie
darthsmile.gif
last week for a friend.
darthsmile.gif

Dec 7, 2008 at 8:22 PM Post #14 of 15
Yes. Especially a diy kit which was the ancestor of the Audiovalve RKV. It was a match in heaven with my K340.

It's made worse by the fact that I know that:
- I could have made plenty more mods on it.
- The new owner doesn't use it anymore.

Dec 9, 2008 at 2:35 AM Post #15 of 15
I think the only amps I've missed are a Millett Hybrid with Elna Tonerex caps throughout, and a PPA v1.1 with diamond buffers that i gave to a good friend as a going-away present.

I figure with the Millett, I could always retrofit one of my other Millett builds with Tonerex caps if needed. With the PPA, it's in good hands and I know my friend gets a lot of enjoyment out of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back