Do you like spam?
Dec 17, 2019 at 11:36 PM Post #76 of 85
After experimenting with Spam for a while, I have concluded that Spam usually works best with white rice and not the best combination with bread and other starches.

Which is why I can see its popular in Hawaii since Hawaiian style includes rice.

Also, I have found that thin slices of Spam is actually not bad in spicy ramen noodle dishes. It can have this pleasing soft silky texture in that context. Just make sure the soup is not too salty.

I've also steamed Spam too and it goes well with Chinese white rice with their spicy hot chili oil.

It seems to pair better in Asian cooking which could be why it tends to be better regarded in Asia in comparison to western civilization.

Dec 18, 2019 at 11:23 AM Post #77 of 85
After experimenting with Spam for a while, I have concluded that Spam usually works best with white rice and not the best combination with bread and other starches.

Which is why I can see its popular in Hawaii since Hawaiian style includes rice.

Also, I have found that thin slices of Spam is actually not bad in spicy ramen noodle dishes. It can have this pleasing soft silky texture in that context. Just make sure the soup is not too salty.

I've also steamed Spam too and it goes well with Chinese white rice with their spicy hot chili oil.

It seems to pair better in Asian cooking which could be why it tends to be better regarded in Asia in comparison to western civilization.

Damn. Ten years of research went into this conclusion. That is some serious dedication.

Dec 19, 2019 at 7:56 PM Post #78 of 85
I eat spam. I would slice them about 1cm thick, put them in the the toaster oven until they're a little crispy but not too crispy. I'm with Spareribs, they're good with white rice. I don't know but today's spam tastes less salty to me.

Dec 20, 2019 at 7:40 PM Post #81 of 85
Spam Musubi

Spam_musubi_at_Ninja_Sushi.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back