Do you like IOS 8.4?
Jul 2, 2015 at 3:30 PM Post #16 of 40

The one I used didn't, it was an older model Asus Nexus 7.

Thankfully my Nexus 7 2013 LTE supports dual band Wifi as I have this at home. My iPod Touch 5G also supports dual band. This is handy when streaming Netflix, etc. to my TVs as to keep good bandwith to my personal devices and smartphones.

Jul 2, 2015 at 5:26 PM Post #20 of 40

That's what I don't understand. Why stream over 720P when your display monitor is so small. Seems like a waste of bandwidth. If this is on the LAN side, it doesn't matter.

720p on a 7 inches display that is in your face seems to work just fine. the display is full HD. New smartphones have more resolutiol at around 5.5 inches. This is not like an HD TV that is 10 or more feet away.

Jul 5, 2015 at 5:29 PM Post #21 of 40
8.4 doesn't change really anything on how I use my IOS devices. I'm waiting on IOS 9 to see some big changes. The little incremental changes and additions in all the 8.xx versions were ok by me. The only downside is that I think the battery life of the devices keep getting worse and worse with each new update. 

The thing that pisses me off about IOS devices is that it seems you have to basically go into settings and disable just about everything to get ok battery life. I hate having to make the decision to use the features of a product that would be really handy and nifty to use vs just using the bare basic features of the device to make sure I have an enough juice for the device to run when I'm not able to have it plugged in.

I hope Apple gets their **** together in the battery department in the future. It would be nice to get through the day and take advantage of the devices more "advanced" features, get some heavy use here and there, or light use consistently throughout the day on one charge.

I use my IOS devices quite a bit everyday, and they have to be plugged in for at least half of my usage time. If I'm doing anything like gaming or creating I may as well just leave the thing plugged in. Defeats the purpose of having a portable lightweight unit when you need to be near a socket of some sort all the time to keep it charged.

Jul 5, 2015 at 7:51 PM Post #22 of 40
8.4 doesn't change really anything on how I use my IOS devices. I'm waiting on IOS 9 to see some big changes. The little incremental changes and additions in all the 8.xx versions were ok by me. The only downside is that I think the battery life of the devices keep getting worse and worse with each new update. 

The thing that pisses me off about IOS devices is that it seems you have to basically go into settings and disable just about everything to get ok battery life. I hate having to make the decision to use the features of a product that would be really handy and nifty to use vs just using the bare basic features of the device to make sure I have an enough juice for the device to run when I'm not able to have it plugged in.

I hope Apple gets their **** together in the battery department in the future. It would be nice to get through the day and take advantage of the devices more "advanced" features, get some heavy use here and there, or light use consistently throughout the day on one charge.

I use my IOS devices quite a bit everyday, and they have to be plugged in for at least half of my usage time. If I'm doing anything like gaming or creating I may as well just leave the thing plugged in. Defeats the purpose of having a portable lightweight unit when you need to be near a socket of some sort all the time to keep it charged.

I now love my iPhone 4 as Apple stopped making updates for it. So folks who rebelled against 8.4 still have a place to go to enjoy iOS.

Jul 7, 2015 at 1:00 PM Post #24 of 40

"In other news, Apple removes a feature only to reintroduce it later as innovation."

Too funny. 

Jul 7, 2015 at 1:07 PM Post #25 of 40

"In other news, Apple removes a feature only to reintroduce it later as innovation."

Too funny. 

That's how they roll. And the sheep keep on baaaa'ing and bleating. Jobs is probably spinning in his grave.

Jul 8, 2015 at 12:50 PM Post #26 of 40
I don't mind change, I embrace it! even if at times it comes with some risk. (bugs!) I always update on the same day they release updates so I can get a feel for what is new right away. But for people with large collections who prefer to store locally I had no performance issues.

There were no tag or artwork issues like those who experienced some horrors in their carefully manually managed large collections with iCloud Music and Match - OUCH! because it was just a matter of synching what was already there with iCloud off and done.

The only change I am not crazy about (and it's minor) is how the app displays my music now. For example under the artists tab in alphabetical order it will skip an 'artist' if it notices that album is part of a compilation and move that to its own 'compilation' tab. Before everything (if tagged properly by the user) was in one place and easier to find with one large scroll. Some can argue this way is more organized, but I like the other way better.

But it's new and they are trying to integrate everything together in one place for all users to choose from, so I'm sure it will change again. Doesn't it always? Enjoy your MUSIC!
beerchug.gif

Jul 8, 2015 at 9:05 PM Post #27 of 40
I don't mind change, I embrace it! even if at times it comes with some risk. (bugs!) I always update on the same day they release updates so I can get a feel for what is new right away. But for people with large collections who prefer to store locally I had no performance issues.

There were no tag or artwork issues like those who experienced some horrors in their carefully manually managed large collections with iCloud Music and Match - OUCH! because it was just a matter of synching what was already there with iCloud off and done.

The only change I am not crazy about (and it's minor) is how the app displays my music now. For example under the artists tab in alphabetical order it will skip an 'artist' if it notices that album is part of a compilation and move that to its own 'compilation' tab. Before everything (if tagged properly by the user) was in one place and easier to find with one large scroll. Some can argue this way is more organized, but I like the other way better.

But it's new and they are trying to integrate everything together in one place for all users to choose from, so I'm sure it will change again. Doesn't it always? Enjoy your MUSIC! :beerchug:  

I realize they are introducing new features, it is that the UI is complicated if your only interested in your own MP3s. It used to be nice? This remark is after spending considerably more time with it than before the first post.

Jul 8, 2015 at 9:30 PM Post #28 of 40
I realize they are introducing new features, it is that the UI is complicated if your only interested in your own MP3s. It used to be nice? This remark is after spending considerably more time with it than before the first post.

I don't find the UI complicated at all, just that one minor change I mentioned. The rest of the new UI is pretty straight forward and took me about 5 minutes to get used to.

Jul 9, 2015 at 12:40 PM Post #29 of 40
My main complaints with the 8.4 music app are that the album art goes all the way up to the top of the screen (minimize circle / status bar info disrupting album art) and the recently added section at the top of the lists. Neither are super big problems but they just feel like unnecessary changes and I find them annoying. 

Jul 11, 2015 at 10:59 PM Post #30 of 40
I really hate the new iOS. It deleted all of the songs off my I phone 5s. It seems as though it moved everything to the cloud to see what kind of music I listen to. I complained to apple, and their attitude was there's absolutely nuttin' you do about it. All iOS 8.4 is about is the beats radio. I don't want beats radio. You can't even get rid of it. I Tried to roll back to iOS 8.3 but can't figure out how to do it. Even though I backed up my phone. That giant sucking sound is apple ios8.4

Users who are viewing this thread

Back