do you know this speakers?
May 26, 2013 at 4:46 AM Post #17 of 25
yes, i konw.. this are monitors .. not speakers.
unfortunately this is my first "real" audio system that I want to have.. and i'm a little confused what to choose in 350 euro..
confused_face_2.gif

May 26, 2013 at 10:04 AM Post #18 of 25
Why no love for Bowers and Wilkins?
tongue.gif

May 27, 2013 at 11:19 AM Post #20 of 25
B+W are a quality company.The Diamonds generally get a good "write up" Monitor audio also are a good company. But as a previous poster said it is very hard to advise you what loudspeaker to buy as unlike amps loudspeakers are a VERY subjective buy . They might sound good with amp A and terrible with amp B its down to a whole host of things including impedance /drive ability of the amp and so on. Most "Golden Ears" tell you to go out and audition them with YOUR amp. If somebody recommends a  particular speaker with YOUR amp which they have had in the past or have then thats a bit better. But the choice is so personal that its easy to make mistakes in speaker choice what suites one person wont another.  

May 27, 2013 at 4:42 PM Post #21 of 25
The Kef Coda 9's on the site you linked to could be worth a try, I would haggle the price down though. Also the Pioneer CS-7070's could be worth a look but again that price is high, on second thoughts can't you buy from the well known auction sites .de version?

May 28, 2013 at 5:25 PM Post #22 of 25
I done it !
i want to thank you for your help , especially to duncan1 how convinced me to take the ONKYO from my house and go to an Audio Show.
after some audition I buy - Audio Monitor BX2.

I will come back soon with pictures and some opinion. at first impression the detail of sound is fantastic with this speakers.
cheers!

Jun 2, 2013 at 8:34 AM Post #25 of 25
I take it that your speakers have the metal bridge connecting the high and low terminals? If not then use a couple inches of speaker wire between the corresponding terminals on each speaker e.g high + (red) to low + (red) on the same speaker and then the same for - (black).
You would then connect the wire to either high or low connections (makes no difference with bridges in place), and then plug the other end of your cable into the corresponding (R or L) terminal A on your amp.

The use of Banana, Spade or Bare Wire connections is personal choice. I have setups with all three.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back