do you know this speakers?
May 1, 2013 at 12:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

cristian61

New Head-Fier
smily_headphones1.gif

May 3, 2013 at 11:22 AM Post #3 of 25
You could unscrew one or two of the speakers from the front and see if there are any stickers on the back of the woofer magnets - sometimes manufacturers put them there.

May 4, 2013 at 5:53 AM Post #5 of 25
It is called "Atlanta ES 210". I found the name form some Polish auction site but there is no info on the brand or manufacturer over the web except perhaps it could be a Denmark company. I don't think that's a good sign.

May 4, 2013 at 8:40 AM Post #6 of 25
I stand to be corrected but they appear to be a Jamo OEM. How much are they going for? I would suggest that you buy with your ears (as with any speaker purchase.) Only you can say if they are of value to you at the given asking price.
It's unlikely anybody will be able to tell you if the speakers give (good quality of sound) because nobody knows what you consider a good quality of sound.
As for build quality I would say your guess is as good as anyone's, but if they are indeed Jamo OEM's I would expect build quality to be of a decent standard.

May 4, 2013 at 9:22 AM Post #7 of 25
Quote:
I stand to be corrected but they appear to be a Jamo OEM. How much are they going for? I would suggest that you buy with your ears (as with any speaker purchase.) Only you can say if they are of value to you at the given asking price.
It's unlikely anybody will be able to tell you if the speakers give (good quality of sound) because nobody knows what you consider a good quality of sound.
As for build quality I would say your guess is as good as anyone's, but if they are indeed Jamo OEM's I would expect build quality to be of a decent standard.

That's exactly what I was thinking. 
Very few other companies did that shark-fin tweeter cover. 

I wouldn't pay much more than $40-50 for those speakers though. If vintage Jamo are anything to go by, they sound good, but not great. 

May 4, 2013 at 11:45 AM Post #8 of 25
Thank you for your replay and answers. He ask for 130 euro.
But I don't think I will buy it, thanks to you.

The system Onkyo Integra I buy it from him for about 400 euro and is in very good shape , looks and sound like new.
.....and that;'s way hi propose to me a that speakers.

so , the next steps are :
1. buy some speakers that mach the system
2. buy a good turntable

maybe the moderator should change the name of the thread " turntable and speakers recommendation"

thank you for support.

May 5, 2013 at 8:18 AM Post #9 of 25
If you have an Onkyo amp (as do I... well at least one of them is... and I have had quite a few before.) 

I would suggest Auditioning anything from the Kef Q Series, I run Q5 mains on my Onkyo system at the moment and am very happy.
You may be able to pick up some Q3'S for the price of the other speakers.

I have always found that all the Kef Q series speakers I have tried have worked very well with all the Onkyo stuff I have had. Though YMMV as they say.

The older Kef Q35 speakers often go for silly low prices here in the UK and to my ears are a fantastic speaker if you have the room for a floor stander. Also from my experience Kef build quality is excellent and having owned numerous Kef speakers I have (Touch wood) never had a single issue with any of them. 

May 5, 2013 at 11:26 AM Post #11 of 25
Quote:
Don't buy a speaker with venetian blinds for a tweeter.

How about refurbishing broken ones that you got for free?   ...  *guilty look*

May 5, 2013 at 10:05 PM Post #13 of 25
Try a pair of Paradigm Atoms or Mini's they sound amazing.
popcorn.gif

May 6, 2013 at 4:16 AM Post #14 of 25
Do you have access to System Fidelity speakers from Slovenia? They often get praised for very high build and sound quality at very very competitive prices. Something like the SF-3030 could be worth a listen if you have access to them.

Re-turntable... Now admittedly I am no Vinyl buff and only listen to my Vinyl now and again.

I auditioned the Project Debut and the Rega Planar (Think it was the 2) and to me there wasn't much in it sound or build wise, as I could get the Project cheaper that is the one I went for but I suspect I would have been happy with either. Both are available for even less than I payed now on the 2nd hand market and there isn't much to go wrong on them so I would say a fairly safe buy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back