do you have a general 'style' of music you listen to?
Jan 17, 2009 at 3:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

Al4x

Headphoneus Supremus
listening too music for years and years, like most people, i have finally come to realise what i like in terms of musical style, [not necessarily genre]

classical, trance, symphonic metal and others similar genres

people generally laugh when i say those genres have similar sounds!

ive come to realise that i like music with symphony, flowing sounds, build ups and break downs, synthesisers etc

complex sounding music with a prevalent mid-high range with less bass

i generally like music without vocals, or if they have vocals more often than not female and with meaning and power

also fond of long pieces with many parts too them

this is probably why i never really liked modern rnb rap, indie music

this is a very broad generalisation and i do like many individual random songs, [i admit i like a few rihanna songs, avril lavigne, killers etc lol] but in general the above applies to the majority of my music

anyone else share this?
dt880smile.png

Jan 17, 2009 at 4:00 PM Post #2 of 20
I do. I listen to music that provokes an emotional and imaginational (is that a word?) response. As an artist and writer, I can't count the number of ideas I've come up with while listening to Pink Floyd or something on the bus.
smily_headphones1.gif

In any case, it seems our tastes are sorta similar. I notice 325is are on your "Desired" list- you will like them with trance and female vocals. Trance WITH female vocals even moreso.
biggrin.gif

Jan 17, 2009 at 4:15 PM Post #3 of 20
Yes, i have a "general style", i lke music which has a very strong, technical instrumental component, therefore i am not interested in those 3 minutes pop songs i hear on the radio composed of 2.40 minutes of vocals over some chords repeated over and over again...this is why i enjoy a progressive rock and quality heavy metal music...

Jan 17, 2009 at 4:15 PM Post #4 of 20
yeah at some point probably my next purchase, will be the 325is, maybe a suitable amp/dac as i have none,

i noticed from some of your other postings you like the symphonic metal, [nightwish being my favourite, [first 4 albums] and especially songs like sleeping sun]
trance like tiesto, armin van buuren etc

i really do appreciate reaching highs

Jan 17, 2009 at 4:34 PM Post #5 of 20
I don't have a style. For example I listen to Cash, Young and Dylan but also enjoy Notorious B.I.G. or the Wu-Tang Clan. You can see what I am listening to; link to last.fm is in my sig.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 17, 2009 at 5:02 PM Post #6 of 20
I generally like music with high quality lyrics and interesting vocal performance.

Jan 17, 2009 at 5:52 PM Post #9 of 20
No, not a general style. I listen to most genres, like rock, pop, classical, trance, ambient, chillout, jazz, ...

Jan 17, 2009 at 6:02 PM Post #10 of 20
I like a lot of stuff but I always tend to come back to stuff that is in the same genre/sound as Dave Matthews. I also prefer stuff that is acoustic. Even metal bands that do acoustic songs or unplugged sessions I always prefer those versions over the studio versions. Prime example is Korn Unplugged. I enjoy everyone of those songs much more acoustic than I do when they are the studio or live version.

Jan 17, 2009 at 9:17 PM Post #12 of 20
I don't have a particular "style". I like "calm" stuff such as acoustic, new age, classical, etc.

I also like energetic music like electronic, electronic chiptune.

Also, "mellow" music like hip-hop, and other stuff.

Jan 17, 2009 at 9:28 PM Post #13 of 20
I listen to pretty much everything but country. Usually depending on what mood I am in it is usually contemporary Christian or female rock like Within Temptation or Evanescence.

Jan 17, 2009 at 9:50 PM Post #14 of 20
Jazz, Rock, Reggae, Punk, Hip-Hop, Ska, Metal, etc... All depends on what mood I'm in. To me that's what music is all about.
Aloha
atsmile.gif

Headphile808

Users who are viewing this thread

Back