Do You Guys Take Your Mid-Fi/High End Headphones Outside of the House Or Do They Live Inside Only?
Nov 12, 2011 at 11:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 66

KimChee

Headphoneus Supremus
Do You Guys Take Your Mid-Fi/High End Headphones Outside Or Do They Live Inside Only?

Nov 12, 2011 at 2:12 PM Post #2 of 66

Quote:
Do You Guys Take Your Mid-Fi/High End Headphones Outside Or Do They Live Inside Only?

I take 'em out when the weather is not sweaty here in south Texas.  Sit on the veranda (covered porch) and watch the birdies and listen to good music.
bigsmile_face.gif

Nov 12, 2011 at 2:22 PM Post #3 of 66

I take my Ultrasone Pro900s out. Walk to work with them, fly with them, etc.
IE8s, where ever.

My LCD2s, well that wouldn't be practical at all.

For me it depends on the build and style of phone. Otherwise I have no problems taking them around.

Nov 12, 2011 at 2:33 PM Post #4 of 66
what is this mid-fi you speak of? i think i never heard of it before. :D

anyways, yea i either use my heavy Pioneer Monitor 10's outside or my AKG 240DF's with my ipod as well. i don't care about the lack of volume cause they still sound darn good listening to my ipod directly. tried using my sextetts but they hate ipods and require much larger voltage swings(even much more then the DF's) and seem to distort like crazy if not driven properly but i can get away with using my DF's and especially monitor 10's cause seem they don't require much to sound pretty good without distorting but lack major volume headroom.

Nov 12, 2011 at 2:37 PM Post #5 of 66
I use my Z1000s when I'm out and about. They're built quite well and isolate a lot of noise. I don't think they'll stand up to as harsh conditions as my HD25s, though.

Shameless plug - the HD25s are damn near invincible. They've taken countless falls, and I've worn them outside in pouring rain and blowing snow, in temperatures from -20 to 30 degrees, yet they're holding up just fine.

Nov 12, 2011 at 8:23 PM Post #7 of 66

Quote:
I'm hoping someone posts the portable K-1000 photo.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mine stay inside all the time.
On the go, it is either the Shure e3c or Sony MDR-7509HD.

Exactly what I was thinking. I've been looking for that photo for quite a while cause I loled so hard the first time I saw it.

For on-the-go music, I use Shure SE535 IEMs and just IEMs in general, although I've been considering upgrading to headphones for portable purposes.

Nov 12, 2011 at 8:45 PM Post #10 of 66

Quote:
I use my Z1000s when I'm out and about. They're built quite well and isolate a lot of noise. I don't think they'll stand up to as harsh conditions as my HD25s, though.

Shameless plug - the HD25s are damn near invincible. They've taken countless falls, and I've worn them outside in pouring rain and blowing snow, in temperatures from -20 to 30 degrees, yet they're holding up just fine.

Owning the senn HD 25 1 II i don't quite see the invincibility yet. Perhaps durable but the cord looks tearable. Regardless they are my go to portable and everything use headphone. Definitely my favorite can.

But they were rained on the other day and held up well. Though i was scared they would break the entire time.

Nov 12, 2011 at 9:26 PM Post #12 of 66

Not a fan but John Mayer likes to rock an Alessandro MS-Pro on the streets of New York

Nov 12, 2011 at 9:45 PM Post #13 of 66
I've brought my Beyerdynamic DT770's with me on occasion. 

The closed design is actually not terrible on an airplane using an iPod classic to play music.   Nothing like at home, but not bad given the circumstances.

I had to pin the volume on the iPod for it to be listenable though, considering they are 80 ohm cans.

This is probably how I damaged them though.   My laptop bag I was carrying them in is somewhat tight.

These days certain bass frequencies cause a vibrating noise in them. :frowning2:

Nov 12, 2011 at 11:31 PM Post #14 of 66
I use my M50s out and about with my iPod through a JDS Labs CMoy.

Nov 12, 2011 at 11:36 PM Post #15 of 66
In other news, a man carrying a bizarre "portable audio rig" was perceived as a bomb threat, NYPD say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back