Do you find Snickers commercial to be offensive?
Jul 26, 2008 at 2:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 45

bonkon

100+ Head-Fier
Another Snickers commercial causes controversy, featuring my childhood hero Mr. T shooting a speed walker with a Snickers loaded gattling gun shouting "Fool" (like always) "Walk like a man" and "Get some nuts" (as in snickers) at the end.

Speed walker video

This is the second time a Snickers commercial has offended the gay community after the Super Bowl one.

Super Bowl

Yes I do find it offensive but to the Speed Walker community, it is an olympic sport and for having tried it a couple times, I rather run a marathon than speed walk 10 km. I also find it hillarious, well I guess I am biased cause I love Mr. T. I asked a gay couple that I am friends with and they find it funny and they hate speed walkers and find them annoying when they jog.

Another funny Mr. T Snickers commercial, I love it when he throws the Snickers at his face. He should be footbal/soccer referee for the Italian league and Italian national team. This is kinda offensive for Italian football players.
smily_headphones1.gif

Link

edit: For those who didn't know the speed walking and kissing commercial were both pulled from the air due to the complaint from the gay community. Both were considered homophobic.

Jul 26, 2008 at 2:38 PM Post #2 of 45
i find people who take offence to stupid stuff offensive. but i do fins the add weird. My guess is that snickers is doing it on purpose to make us talk about it, and i find that offensive. not the add, but snickers thinking we can be fooled. If i didn't already not eat chocolate, i would boycott them, but mainly just because i want to boycott something.

Jul 26, 2008 at 2:57 PM Post #4 of 45
Do the gays want some cheese with their whine? Seriously, you can find something offending to somebody in most anything.

Jul 26, 2008 at 2:57 PM Post #5 of 45
It's just a commercial? Darn, I started speed walking in my neighborhood in the hope Mr T will give me some Snickers.

Jul 26, 2008 at 3:16 PM Post #7 of 45
LOL...that was awesome...

Jul 26, 2008 at 3:37 PM Post #10 of 45
Homina Homina Homina

Jul 26, 2008 at 5:04 PM Post #13 of 45
personally, I find people misspelling the word "ad" as "add" offensive. Not really, but the commercials are funny.

EDIT: Holy cow, im 500+

Jul 26, 2008 at 5:23 PM Post #14 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrdeadfolx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What a bunch of losers. Wipe it off and quit whining.

This.

Jul 26, 2008 at 5:24 PM Post #15 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by XxATOLxX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is probably the reason why most of the television these days suck. Its completely sterile.

I blame the lack of creativity. Shows nowadays actually try to offend you so that you'll keep watching. I've watched a lot of great shows that really couldn't offend anyone, well, maybe except space aliens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back