Do you ever just get in the mood to...
Nov 24, 2008 at 5:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 38

Zadok

100+ Head-Fier
This thread goes hand in hand with the headphone sightings thread, however it takes the opposite perspective.

Do you ever just get in the mood to take one of your *good* pairs out on the street with you, just to see if anyone will notice or recognize them?

I get this itch often...I'll throw on my pair of SR-80's with their grapefruit yellow colored pads, feed the long ass cord through my belt loops, fiio e3 hanging out the back pocket, and just letting it rip.

I've actually had some interesting conversations with random people in the food courts or out on the lawn who want to know about them. "Are those really old?" or "I can hear those from over here, are they really good?" (Haha open backed phones!) are often asked.

How about you guys?

Nov 24, 2008 at 5:28 AM Post #2 of 38
well, considering I wear ESW10jpns out all the time (when it's not raining, of course) and I do get quite a bit of comments:
" where did you get it from?"
" I like your headphones"
" are those new Dr Dre headphones?"
" hey hot stuff"

so forth.

Nov 24, 2008 at 5:37 AM Post #3 of 38
Quote:

" hey hot stuff"

Are you sure you're not just imaging this one?
wink.gif
tongue.gif

Nov 24, 2008 at 5:39 AM Post #4 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
" hey hot stuff"

Oh yeah, you wish! The reason I choose my SR-80's is that they draw much more attention to themselves because of the yellow pads. I tried turning it into a style of its own with the belt loops...I literally feed the cord through each loop like a belt and have it terminate in my pocket.

My favorite comment was when a girl asked me where I got such a cool belt, and I had to point out that it was ACTUALLY attached to a pair of headphones, rather than imitating.

Nov 24, 2008 at 5:51 AM Post #5 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anvil /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are you sure you're not just imaging this one?
wink.gif
tongue.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zadok /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh yeah, you wish!

It was a garden gnome commenting. I was disturbed.

Nov 24, 2008 at 6:09 AM Post #8 of 38
If I see someone walking down the street wearing Stax, I'm so pulling over and buying them a beer, then I'm so stealing that gear.

Nov 24, 2008 at 7:34 AM Post #9 of 38
Topic rerailing.

Cmon guys... I can't be the only one who likes to strut his stuff?

Nov 24, 2008 at 8:16 AM Post #10 of 38
Quote:

Topic rerailing.

I admittedly used to use K701s in transportable setup. What was I thinking - with those toilet bowls on each side of my head
very_evil_smiley.gif

Nov 24, 2008 at 10:27 AM Post #13 of 38
so you wear headphones to purposely draw attention to yourself? that's probably the lamest thing i've ever heard. open ones at that, i hate when i can hear other peoples music playing out in public, it's friggin annoying as hell and inconsiderate.

Nov 24, 2008 at 11:20 AM Post #14 of 38
Quote:

Topic rerailing.

You probably are, but speaking personally, I have no desire to look like an idiot.

Nov 24, 2008 at 11:40 AM Post #15 of 38
I wear my W5000 while cutting the grass.

No, just kidding. I use the UE10 instead - pretty much all the time I'm outside and in need of a private audio session. Why would you wear full size headphones for portable use, whether they are expensive or exotic looking or not? I don't get it. Just to get noticed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back