Do you buy protective gear for your portable player(s)???
Jul 15, 2005 at 11:29 PM Post #16 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by fincherr
Obsolesce occurs long before cosmetic damage renders the unit unworthy, (and scratches show character!).

When my ipod becomes obsolete, I'll just re-use my ipod case for the new ipod i'll buy!
tongue.gif

Jul 16, 2005 at 12:21 AM Post #18 of 37
My NJB3 still has it's screen cover on from when it was bought and I left the plastic cling on my Carbon, so I use protectors, but I don't buy them. My findings are that there aren't many options for protection for non-iPod DAPs and of the offerings, I just haven't found any that hit the balance between price and quality.

Jul 16, 2005 at 12:24 AM Post #19 of 37
no cases. ridiculous amounts of money for such ugly contraptions. only protects from scratches by hiding what you want to see scratch free--seems contradictory to me, unless you're fond of extracting it from its case to ogle it and then carefully replacing it lest it get molested.

jesse

Jul 16, 2005 at 1:12 AM Post #21 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Covenant
I bought an iRiver, which was considerate enough to come with a leather case of its own. Unlike ye iPod users, who need to fork out for every single extra you want
wink.gif

If you like an ugly large case that restricts button pressing, I suppose it's an advantage.
evil_smiley.gif
I like the top and bottom snap though, makes removal for docking relatively easy.

Jul 16, 2005 at 2:17 AM Post #23 of 37
I bought a small Body Glove cellphone case, with a belt clip, for my Zen Micro. I don't mind that I can't see the screen or access the buttons. Lately, I've just been listening in the shuffle mode, so it matters even less to me.

Jul 16, 2005 at 2:29 AM Post #24 of 37
Protective case? Ha! My cd player has survived about 8 years in my school backpacks (same bag as my pencils, pens, keys, wallet and calculator). Never skipped a beat, just a few dents, scratches and a loose button.

Jul 16, 2005 at 3:12 AM Post #25 of 37
I bought a nice outro x2 case for my h340, although it makes the player a bit chunky its worth it because if you going to buy an expensive player why not protect it as well. The stock case that came with the player is absolute crap more like a carry case. I'll prob get a flexiskin from boxwave when the h340 versions come out they seem to be much slimmer
tongue.gif

Jul 16, 2005 at 3:26 AM Post #26 of 37
I have an iPod, and that is extremely easy to scratch without some sort of cover. I keep a high quality Boxwave screen protector on it at all times because seeing the screen without obstruction is very important to me. When I'm at home, I generally keep it out of a case, since I take good care of my stuff around the house. When I go out, I usually put it in a case of some sort -- I find the very very thin silicone cases add little heft/thickness but protect the outside from scratches when I put my iPod in with my keys, and that's all that really needs to be done. If I paid all that money for something, I think it's worth the extra $9 ($4.50 on sale!) for a case that can keep it looking decent.

Jul 17, 2005 at 4:57 AM Post #29 of 37
for my $3 SL-CT570, no.

for my soon-to-be-here free(!) iPod 20gig (color screen), I also won an Iskin that I'm trying to trade for another color (see sig.)

even if it wasn't free, I'd probably have picked one up.

Jul 17, 2005 at 5:34 AM Post #30 of 37
I use my old MD pouches for my daps.

I hate various cases though, with a pouch you take the player out quickly and easily and gaze your eyes upon its beauty. With the case all you see is the ugly leather/silicon/whatever case. Whats the point? Clearly you are not enjoying the player's looks, since you cannot even see it. One possible explanation, is keeping it in good looking condition for the next owner for better resale value. But with the way prices plumet on technology these days, it aint worth it.

Summary, MD Pouch > *

Users who are viewing this thread

Back