Do you buy a ton of new music...
Feb 3, 2002 at 11:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

OneMalt

500+ Head-Fier
...every time you get some new gear? I just got a pair of HD600s and an RA-1 (the Blue Clous are on BO). Lovely, just lovely!

Last night I went out and scored:

Jazz For A Rainy Afternoon (Various Artists)

The Look Of Love (Diana Krall)

The Best Of The Songbooks (Ella Fitzgerald)

John Coltrane / Ken Burns Jazz (John Coltrane)

I'm Through With Love (Mary Stahl)

Kind Of Blue (Miles Davis)

Appalachian Journey (Yo-Yo Ma / Edgar Meyer / Mark O'connor)

So far, I've given the Yo-Yo Ma and Jazz For A Rainy Afternoon a good listen and they're both excellent. I also dug out some great old vinyl and listened to some stuff I hadn't heard in years... Go Live From Paris (Yamashta / Winwood / Shrieve and others) and an old Telarc Digital pressing of Borodin's Polovetsian Dances from Prince Igor. Man, am I lovin' this!

Feb 3, 2002 at 11:50 PM Post #2 of 12
My tradition...when I get a new piece of gear, I get to buy a new CD. Gotta have something to test it with, right?
biggrin.gif

Feb 4, 2002 at 5:45 AM Post #4 of 12
Not me, I'm just the other way around, I "re-discover" my existing collection whenever I get a new piece of gear, and buying/listening to new purchases tends to lose momentum.

Feb 4, 2002 at 5:52 AM Post #5 of 12
I think i'm with Dustychalk on this one as well. I tend to buy a lot of DVDs though.

Feb 4, 2002 at 5:56 AM Post #6 of 12
I haven't gotten a new CD since I got my system... Seriously, each classical piece sounds new... I'm discovering new instruments, etc. every time I listen to an old CD.

Feb 7, 2002 at 5:56 PM Post #8 of 12
Nope!... I buy CD regulary about once a week. ( I use this plan.. audit it from library... list them on my wish list... buy the cheapest from Internet.. wait until arrive... order new one ..) This way .. I sort of have a garantee .. that I will like it.. and also buying rate won't go out of control.. on top of that price is always at minimum... I hate back then when I just buy them without this system... sometimes.. walk around at Border or Virgin... cause a major damge... this is better... about $10 per CD at about once a week.

Feb 7, 2002 at 9:04 PM Post #9 of 12
Actually, those 15 cds I just bought were music that I was already familiar with because I downloaded the album off the internet first.

Who says mp3 doesn't help cd retailers?
tongue.gif

Feb 24, 2002 at 12:26 AM Post #10 of 12
I'm hopeless! Now I've got a pair of SR 325s coming in the mail so I just went out and bought a bunch of new music (a lot of it based on recomendations I read in this forum):

Born - bond
Greatest Hits - Queen
The Capitol Years / The Best of - Cannonball Adderly
Gustov Holst - The Planets - von Karajan/Berliner Philharmoniker (Deutsche Grammophon Karajan Gold Edition)
Respighi - Eiji Oue/Minnesota Orchestra
5 - Lenny Kravitz
The Loop / New & Groovy - Johnny Lytle

Feb 24, 2002 at 1:03 AM Post #11 of 12
Buy some Heavy Metal man! Try Judas Priest's "Painkiller" if you dont have it
wink.gif

Feb 24, 2002 at 2:32 AM Post #12 of 12
I have purchased 9 cd's this year.

1 Toadies
1 Pizzicato five
2 Modest mouse
1 Beta band
1 Amon Tobin
3 Dave Brubeck

And I copied from my friends

2 Busta Rhymes
1 Nirvanna
1 Peter Gabriel Last Temptation of Christ soundtrack- wow, this is nice.
2 Dave Mathews cd's

And I also got these three

1 Modest Mouse
1 Pizzicato five
1 Afrocentric

total of 18 cd's. not to bad. I probably left some out also. To be safe I will say 20cd's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back