Do you believe in Karma.. Non relgious thread..
Aug 10, 2010 at 2:47 PM Post #46 of 70

Quote:
Wait, Santa Claus is not real? In Holland you have Saint Nicolas who delivers present via roof tops on his white horse with the help of assistants in silly outfits who have a dark skin tone. Whether he is real, well I find it all somewhat amusing and I am no less superstitious than any other person. 

The idea of karma is quite likeable, I like it and do not really have a good argument to like it. Oh well back to my groovy music...

In the Netherlands, he's real!
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 11, 2010 at 5:48 AM Post #48 of 70
Karma is a law of nature and life.

Aug 11, 2010 at 12:07 PM Post #49 of 70

Makes you think.. Like a 3 yr old who grabs a golf club & has near perfect form at age 6.. Not Tiger, another Golf prodigy.. I just know the universe is big, & theres still a lot we cannot explain.. Makes you wonder about free choice or fate.. But that's for another thread. I can hardly speak my mother tongue, but I'm disabled..
Quote:

Well, hard proofs seem to show otherwise...like that 8yo kid that has recorded many jazz albums and plays piano like a God. He was born w/ predispositions, and some ppl even have absolute pitch hearing w/o any training.

Karma? Reincarnation? I get it that we're not all equal, but still some kids definitely have pre-learned skills. Some ppl have predispositions to learn languages, some can barely speak their mother tongue...

It's Ironic.. Dreams feel more real to me then reality.. When I have dreams where I know I'm dreaming.. It's like I'm living for the first time. The first time I gasp for air coming out of my mothers womb.. I know the mind is very, very powerful.. The subconscious.. Then we get to talk about Freud & psychology, my favorite subject in college.. The human mind has always fascinated me..

I had de ju vu many times.. Sometimes I think we had dreams of what happened then they occur later on.. Not sure about alternate universe.. That's a bit heavy.. I have seen someone who looked just like my moms ex.. minus the extra weight.. My jaw hit the floor. I couldn't believe it.. Wasn't him, he was banned from this country & sent back home.. He was Somoan/Chinese.. I had people come up to me like they know me, calling me a different name, them feel embarrassed when I tell them I'm not him.. I was at the 24 fitness once & this guy swears he went to college with me.. I never went to his college.. He even called me his name.. I actually think he thinks I'm either lying or don't remember him.. That's how strong it was..
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dev Avidon /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I will often have moments where I remember events that I know I've never witnessed

I quite often get "deja vu" feelings...some ppl seem to believe in a "multiple universes theory": http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiverse

The idea would be at this very moment there is N versions of you and I, that might have made different choices...and their choices might influence you, for the best or the worst.

We still have no idea of what happens in the backstage, so every option's possible.

Like this book: http://www.johmann.net/book/tciy.html

It carries a lot of crazy ideas, like:
-the dreams realm does exist for real, it's not caused by your imagination whatsoever! at some point a girl says she will come say hi in a guy's dreams, and she does.
-"caretakers" take care of humans on earth...they would be strongly related to what we call "aliens"

I know a woman who was clinically dead several times in a row, and she said she wasn't allowed to repeat what she saw...but that there's nothing to fear from death.

Aug 11, 2010 at 12:43 PM Post #50 of 70

I know the mind is very, very powerful

Telepathy is very real, it's been tested and proven...and most ppl who've been in contact w/ aliens always say that they spoke directly into their mind. We also know that we hardly use 5% of our brain?

There's a crazy russian guy who's a got a theory that the egyptians were aliens and dumbed down the humans to enslave them(he said that before that funky hollywood movie). He believes that humans could use telepathy fluently, and a few other crazy stuff I forgot. Babies can easily see auras, adults can also do it in certain conditions if they have proper predispostions....how come all the biblical icons have auras?

We have no clue of where we come from, why we're here and what the point is...for what we know, we're just a playground for an alien intelligence.

Try to get a hold of the "KREEL REPORT", it's a pretty crazy report about CIA/FBI/aliens etc etc. The guy says that he used to work in the Area 51 services that were dealing w/ non-humans on a daily basis. He was speaking about the nowadays famous greys way before it went big in the medias. He also speaks about the "Blonde Nordic" race that are very tall humans, who keep saying that they are gods and should be praised for what they did on earth.

Aug 11, 2010 at 1:16 PM Post #51 of 70
Do I believe? Absolutely...

Here is a true personal story.

As my children were growing we made an annual trek to Disneyland.  While there we would typically get their 1st thing morning, enjoy the parks until mid-afternoon when we would head back to the hotel and have some pool time.  We would head after supper and spend the evening there.

For those that haven't been to a Disney, you can get "Fast Pass" to some of the busier rides.  The FastPass is nothing more than a reservation to the ride for some time later in the day allowing you to bypass the big lines that usually form on the more popular rides.  On one visit as we were leaving the park for our afternoon swim, we had 5 FastPasses for Splash Mountain for a time when we would actually be there.  I saw a young family of 5 entering and gave them our Splash Mountain FastPasses.

As we re-entered later that evening I was approached by the father of a young family who said that they were leaving the park for the day and that they had 5 FastPasses to Splash Mountain and would I like them.

This is Karma and yes I believe. 

Aug 11, 2010 at 2:09 PM Post #52 of 70
^ Karma or coincidence?

Try conducting a karma experiment by giving a $100 bill to someone and see if someone else offers you a $100 bill later on...

Aug 11, 2010 at 3:12 PM Post #53 of 70

Quote:
^ Karma or coincidence?

Try conducting a karma experiment by giving a $100 bill to someone and see if someone else offers you a $100 bill later on...

The idea of Karma is that it affects future lifetimes.  If you're talking about giving and getting back instantly, that is not Karma but something else entirely...

Aug 11, 2010 at 4:35 PM Post #55 of 70
If it (somehow) works, it works.

I used to be Christian but I could not find peace within that 'conviction' and now I just like being non religious and the 'karma idea' to put it like that is much more likeable. I find it somehow more pragmatic. Besides that I just do my thing and go about wondering why everything is the way it is...

But hey, what do I know?

Aug 11, 2010 at 5:07 PM Post #56 of 70

Do you know the story about the real men in black.. It was said, they would intimidate people from coming forward & reporting things they had seen..It was always very suspecious how they woulds know.. Some claimed they were from alien orgins themselves.. Project blue book is also very interesting if you never heard about it & the navy experiements... Seamen who would supposily disappear & reappear.. Again.. Way of topic..

Quote:

Telepathy is very real, it's been tested and proven...and most ppl who've been in contact w/ aliens always say that they spoke directly into their mind. We also know that we hardly use 5% of our brain?

There's a crazy russian guy who's a got a theory that the egyptians were aliens and dumbed down the humans to enslave them(he said that before that funky hollywood movie). He believes that humans could use telepathy fluently, and a few other crazy stuff I forgot. Babies can easily see auras, adults can also do it in certain conditions if they have proper predispostions....how come all the biblical icons have auras?

We have no clue of where we come from, why we're here and what the point is...for what we know, we're just a playground for an alien intelligence.

Try to get a hold of the "KREEL REPORT", it's a pretty crazy report about CIA/FBI/aliens etc etc. The guy says that he used to work in the Area 51 services that were dealing w/ non-humans on a daily basis. He was speaking about the nowadays famous greys way before it went big in the medias. He also speaks about the "Blonde Nordic" race that are very tall humans, who keep saying that they are gods and should be praised for what they did on earth.

Aug 11, 2010 at 5:40 PM Post #57 of 70

Do you know the story about the real men in black.. It was said, they would intimidate people from coming forward & reporting things they had seen..It was always very suspecious how they woulds know.. Some claimed they were from alien orgins themselves.. Project blue book is also very interesting 

nice I'll check it out! well, the Krill Report explains about all the aliens races in detail and what they said to the US agencies...OT? I'm not sure, as long as we don't know more about after-life, Karma is "voodoo magic". Facts can help to assess a theory, I don't believe in fairy tales. I like the "caretakers" theory of the book I linked above.

Aug 11, 2010 at 9:00 PM Post #58 of 70

Quote:
As I understand it also applies to this life. One place's the seed of action or thought which affects life in the (near) future.

Well no, that's not Karma then that's a Western idea.  Not that this Western version is bad, but it's more of a vague superstition.  If you use the word karma, you're referring to something specifc which comes from Indian culture/philosophy.  It's really complicated and one of the last things to fully grasp in these philosophies so I won't claim to be anywhere near an expert by any means.  But yes, the analogy is that all your actions and intentions and thoughts plant seeds, but these seeds don't ripen in this lifetime, they ripen in future lifetimes.  However, our current actions/etc can provide the conditions to affect which seeds from past lifetimes ripen and come to fruition in the present.  So for example, positive actions make it more likely for positive seeds to ripen now.  But not guaranteed.  This is why good things happen to bad people and vice versa.

That's of course just the tip of the iceburg.  You could study karma for years...

Aug 12, 2010 at 12:51 AM Post #59 of 70

Quote:
^ Karma or coincidence?

I've asked myself that question and I do believe in its karma.  I do quite a bit on the philanthropic front (i.e. charity giving) and I truly believe that for every dollar I give I do get an equivalent back, albeit it may be very indirect.

Karma or coincidence?  does it really matter?

Aug 12, 2010 at 1:49 AM Post #60 of 70

Quote:

Well no, that's not Karma then that's a Western idea.  Not that this Western version is bad, but it's more of a vague superstition.  If you use the word karma, you're referring to something specifc which comes from Indian culture/philosophy.  It's really complicated and one of the last things to fully grasp in these philosophies so I won't claim to be anywhere near an expert by any means.  But yes, the analogy is that all your actions and intentions and thoughts plant seeds, but these seeds don't ripen in this lifetime, they ripen in future lifetimes.  However, our current actions/etc can provide the conditions to affect which seeds from past lifetimes ripen and come to fruition in the present.  So for example, positive actions make it more likely for positive seeds to ripen now.  But not guaranteed.  This is why good things happen to bad people and vice versa.

That's of course just the tip of the iceburg.  You could study karma for years...

Only if you're sticking to the strict religious definition of the word 'karma'.

In normal usage though, the Anglosphere has bastardized the word in order to impart a mystical Eastern aura on a Western cultural meme. Karma has been reduced to the simplistic "good things happen to good people", or as chadbang put it, Santa style morality. This version of karma makes a nice guidepost for "spiritual but not religious" types as it adds a sophisticated foreign crust to a comfortable myth and comes without any Judeo-Christian baggage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back