Do Ultrasones Sound Like Speakers?
Jul 22, 2010 at 12:28 AM Post #2 of 10
Listening to the Ultrasone Edition 8, I would say no. My Koss PortaPro has a larger soundstage.

Jul 22, 2010 at 12:30 AM Post #3 of 10
Not at all, but depending on the recording, the S-Logic can have an effect on the sound, good or bad is up to you.  They do very well with movies though.

Jul 22, 2010 at 12:37 AM Post #4 of 10
headphones and speakers will almost always sound different, there is alot of air in between you and the speakers which affet and colors the sound but it gives you a bigger realistic soundstage, headphones are right next to your ear there almost no air between your ear and the driver, speakers are also in front which creates a different effect than headphones which are on the side of you. I enjoy Ultrasone headphones very much though especially their open back ones.

Jul 22, 2010 at 12:42 AM Post #6 of 10

Quote:
headphones and speakers will almost always sound different, there is alot of air in between you and the speakers which affet and colors the sound but it gives you a bigger realistic soundstage, headphones are right next to your ear there almost no air between your ear and the driver, speakers are also in front which creates a different effect than headphones which are on the side of you. I enjoy Ultrasone headphones very much though especially their open back ones.

What are earspeakers?

Jul 22, 2010 at 12:46 AM Post #7 of 10
No. Ultrasone headphones do not sound like speakers. Nor do they sound like any other headphones I have ever heard.

unique-wwwdespaircom.jpg

Jul 22, 2010 at 3:53 AM Post #8 of 10
Earspeakers mostly refer to the AKG K-1000, which is the only headphone with a speaker-like presentation. Bless them.

Ultrasones sound like, well, Ultrasone-y headphones. I've made an unsuccessful effort to appreciate Ultrasones. Perhaps their next model will be different.

Jul 22, 2010 at 5:27 AM Post #9 of 10
No, they sound like live music.

Jul 22, 2010 at 5:58 AM Post #10 of 10
It depend what you mean with sound like speakers...

Pro 750/900 have a soundstage very similar to 5.1 speaker systems. In comparison to other headphones that is it´s still quite different but it´s one of the few that can actually produce a proper center channel. The ED 8 and DX 1000 sound as full bodied and dynamic as my 5.1 speaker system so are more speaker like in that sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back