Do they make Extra large Silicon ear tips
Jul 3, 2011 at 1:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

ib1dance

100+ Head-Fier
As the title asks .Do they make Extra large Silicon ear tips?

I'm wanting Buds with the large nozzle fit like those pictured.The fit common with dynamic IEM's.They will be for some JVC FX700's as the largest stock buds are just slightly too small for me .

the large size buds that come with the FX700's and other tips I've collected are all 13 millimeters in diameter.So are the ones in the picture .

Since ALL the online shops I've seen just state the size small ,medium and large, it's difficult to know if there are any size "large" Buds that are larger than 13mm in diameter available .Do you have any bigger than 13mm?.

What is the diameter of the  largest sized sony hybrid bud?.

Thanks for any help in helping me find a slightly bigger Bud for a nice secure fit .
ksc75smile.gif

Oh yes I'm in the UK so it would be a bonus if I could buy then in the UK so as to keep my carbon footprint as low as is possible .

Jul 3, 2011 at 3:57 PM Post #2 of 6
Righ now i look at a sony clone large tip which as you state is 13mm. I also have a meelectronic tip which is 14mm and also a pair of large tips which came with my nokia wh205. Its 14mm but 3 mm taller than the usual ones. You could find those with any nokia music express phone,at ebay for 3gbp or i could send you mine but since the headset costs 3 gbp i dont know if its worth it.
Also a very good solution is to buy a large pair earplugs and make your own foam tips.
More info hear.

Btw i dont know if you reduce your carbon footprint when you buy ear tips locally since all of them  came from China
rolleyes.gif

Jul 3, 2011 at 6:11 PM Post #3 of 6
Thank you very much for that warm Gesture of sending me the Large Buds of the nokia headset  . I may just take you up on that offer since it would be a shame to buy the entire head set for only the Ear-buds .

Just to clarify are these the headsets

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Nokia-WH-205-Stereo-Handsfree-Headset-X1-00-/280701403613?pt=UK_Mobile_Home_Phones_Bluetooth_Acc_ET&hash=item415b1b81dd

And are they definitely the soft silicon type and not the harder clearer type of ear-bud .I also have some clear Ear tips that came with some westone 3's thus won't fit on the FX700's . But there 15-16 mm in diameter and not as supple as the Grey tips thus don't mold to my ears like the soft Grey tips do ,

I've seen the foam tip mod but I much prefer silicon Buds .

Does anyone else no any other  14mm in diameter or bigger Ear-buds preferably that can be bought as separate replacement ear-buds .

And yup I realize they will all get manufactured thus transported from china .My thinking is that if I  can find them sold in the UK there at least traveling from china by the most direct route to my door :).

Jul 4, 2011 at 4:23 AM Post #4 of 6
Monster supertips have the largest tips I have ever seen. I use the large sony hybrids, but I can't even fit the largest supertips into my ears.
See picture comparison from my post here:
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/512941/monster-supertips-size-comparisons-pictures

Jul 4, 2011 at 7:08 AM Post #5 of 6
They look Good . Hey if you put those large Gel tips ,largest supertips,  on Ebay for a modest fee I'd be interested in buying them off of you !.

Jul 4, 2011 at 11:21 AM Post #6 of 6

Quote:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Nokia-WH-205-Stereo-Handsfree-Headset-X1-00-/280701403613?pt=UK_Mobile_Home_Phones_Bluetooth_Acc_ET&hash=item415b1b81dd

And are they definitely the soft silicon type and not the harder clearer type of ear-bud .I also have some clear Ear tips that came with some westone 3's thus won't fit on the FX700's . But there 15-16 mm in diameter and not as supple as the Grey tips thus don't mold to my ears like the soft Grey tips do ,

As you can see by the picture these are longer than the usual. I dont know what you mean about the type of material. Its silicone. The same material as any generic silicone tip that come with most budget iems. They are a bit softer-thinner though because they have larger areas to cover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back