Do the CX300's have the "Sennheiser Sound"?
Mar 10, 2006 at 6:13 PM Post #46 of 80
We posted at the same time. Thanks for the tip. Now, which to order? Led has me thinking the EP630's might suit me more as I like deep bass and a warmer sound. However, the number of endorsements the CX300 has, combined with the Senn name and my fondness for the MX500's make me want to order them. Tough call?

Mar 10, 2006 at 6:27 PM Post #47 of 80
budsdaddy, that was my problem too, thoug I figured I just could not get a tight seal. The CX 300's worked perfect for me with the ones already on.

As far as diminshed returns, I am constrained since I listen to 192KB and 256KB mp3's that is probably why I do not notice much improvement compared to the E3C's. Mids seem to stand out a little better, though not sure (no pun intended).

I agree, if you have the extra cash and do not want to spend it on something else, the E3C's would be the best option compared to the CX-300's - assuming you listen to higher than 256KB. I took the extra money and bought beer, a DVD and an Xbox game.

Mar 10, 2006 at 8:03 PM Post #48 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by Falqon
Please keep us updated after burn in, I'm kinda weary of "way more bass" than already bassy cx300's!

I think he means a better bass extension, because it doesn't muddy anything up according to him, just goes deeper. Also, no silibance, a warmer presentation AND no neck-chain that I weary to try. I would say he's right that they're a better buy, especially for the value.

I'm anxiously awaiting mine and trying to get a hold of a pair of CX300 for $40 to compare for myself.

Mar 10, 2006 at 10:46 PM Post #49 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by Falqon
Please keep us updated after burn in, I'm kinda weary of "way more bass" than already bassy cx300's!

I had same feeling as yours before I listened the EP 630. bass in CX 300 is already heavy, how much far it could go? but it's really surprise me too. I don't know if I should use "Way more bass", it is significant diff. too much bass doesn't need to be good thing, I perfer E3c for classical music for sure, it's right mount of bass, not too light, not too much.

Mar 10, 2006 at 10:51 PM Post #50 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by BubbaG

Another thing, I am not noticing much sound difference with the Cx 300's and the Shure 3C's. Perhaps it is due to me listending to MP3's at 192K to 256K and so I am constrained sound wise to pick it up. Regardless, I can safely say that I do not hear over three times the cost worth of sound quality, since the CX 300's are $50 to $60 and the 3C's are around $150 to $180.

in my ears, E3c and CX 300 sound very very differently even with 128Kbps compression mp3, or on computer.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 10, 2006 at 11:00 PM Post #51 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by bubsdaddy
Could you be a bit more specific about this? I have the e2c's and they have to be inserted pretty far to have any bass. How do the EP630's or CX300's compare in fit? Also, does anyone know if the foamies from the E2c will fit the EP630 for better isolation? Is better isolation even needed or do they isolate almost as well at the E2's anyway?

I love to answer it.
EP 630 and CX 300 both fit exactly same way, very natually. very magic, it seals your ear canals softly and comfortablely, I could wear it 24 hrs even in sleep!!!
both don't require deeper insertion as E3c(I think E3c has similar insertion as E2c)
yes. flex sleeve for E2c fit EP 30 and CX 300 very good, actually people recommend to replace the stock one to improve the soundstage and dynamics. The foamie and sleeve for E3c don't fit EP 30 and CX 300.
frown.gif

edit: no sure about foamies.

Mar 10, 2006 at 11:05 PM Post #52 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by bubsdaddy
We posted at the same time. Thanks for the tip. Now, which to order? Led has me thinking the EP630's might suit me more as I like deep bass and a warmer sound. However, the number of endorsements the CX300 has, combined with the Senn name and my fondness for the MX500's make me want to order them. Tough call?

both! if you could get cx 300 for 40$ and ep 630 for 25$. total price is still less than msrp 69$ for cx 300. good deal!
if you have 30$ to spend, go EP 630, no regret.
for $40, EP 630 and save 10 bix, or cx 300 if you have faith in senn, like me. I love sennheiser brand name.
for $60, buy both, or two EP 630. spare one in case it get broken.
hiahia..

Mar 11, 2006 at 4:22 PM Post #54 of 80
So all of the e2c tips fit the cx300? If that's the case I'm going to order some...the cx300 tips don't seal my canals well enough. Can anybody else with a pair of e2c confirm this?

Also, if the foames and flex of the e2c and e5c fit the cx300...then shouldn't the triple flanges of the e5c fit too?

Mar 11, 2006 at 5:17 PM Post #55 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by asap2006
So all of the e2c tips fit the cx300? If that's the case I'm going to order some...the cx300 tips don't seal my canals well enough. Can anybody else with a pair of e2c confirm this?

Also, if the foames and flex of the e2c and e5c fit the cx300...then shouldn't the triple flanges of the e5c fit too?

They're the same as the Sharps/creatives, and since those allow the EX71 sleeves to fit on, and I can assure you the Shure buds fit on the EX71 (I have a pair of those on mine), the answer would be yes. Not sure about foamies, but flex sleeves fit perfectly. I believe foamies use a di0fferent design to fit on the E2C, so I am not sure about those.

Mar 11, 2006 at 6:58 PM Post #57 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by asap2006

I have the same problem getting a seal with the cx300. Comparing them with Sony ex71 and shure ec3 - they don't go in to the ear as far and have less 'reach'. Changing the tips may not really help if this is the case.

Ian

Mar 13, 2006 at 8:31 PM Post #58 of 80
So, if I use the medium stock tip on my CX300's, would I need a medium flex sleeve? Has anyone actually compared the sound of the flex sleeves on the CX300's compared to the stock tips? Has anyone tried foamies?

Mar 14, 2006 at 8:39 AM Post #59 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by LedZeppelin
I just got my EP 630, yes Y cord, have not gotten time to burn in.
Unfairly comparing with my favorite CX 300,
yeah, they are different for sure, and definitely use different driver.
First listening impression,
1)CX 300 is little louder.
2)EP 630 gets way more bass, yes, I am sure. (Surprise me too.)
3)CX 300 has more transparent and clarity.
4)CX 300 got more sibilance than EP 630. (Surprise me too.)
5)EP 630 is warmer than CX 300.

Outlook:
1)Creative A logo and L/R on the outside,
2)EP 630 straight plug,
3)Equal length to left and right.
4)Gold-plated plug on EP 630, silver color on CX 300.
Other than those difference, they are awfully same (I mean “looks and feels”), have
same material for comfortable ear tips and same soft plastic for supple cords.

For metal and rock, I will go with EP 630, cheaper and better bass.
Price is only around $25, almost half price of CX 300 ($40). I got it from Techdepot.com(same as office depot).
orphsmile.gif

update: after 3 days intensive listening:
EP 630 has more bass overall(sometime, I feel it's overwhelm), but bass is not tight and punchy as CX 300. guess it's related with freqency response time and how much residuals left.
CX 300 has more transparent in sound, it provides cleaner and cooler backgroud, a little bit wider space in head. now, I become more appriciate this in some good recording CDs. the more I listen, the more I feel their different characters.
basshead.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back