Do SM3 v2s just image the music differently or are mine broken? How do I test? Right side seems weak
Mar 28, 2013 at 6:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Foodworx

New Head-Fier
I usually use SE535 Ltd Ed Red, but i sometime use SM3 v2 and in comparison, the right side seems weak in many songs. however, some songs are imaged differently, whereas one song will have all the layers in the center of my head for SE535, the sm3 v2 will have different layers separated so to speak, although the left side of the sm3 is still quite a bit louder than the se535. so i cant tell if the sm3's are broken are just different. how would i test if theyre broken?

Mar 28, 2013 at 8:55 PM Post #2 of 4
They are broken, on extended use with my SM3's I can have the volume up to max on my sansa clip zip and I may just hear a whisper. The next day when I go to use them they are temporarily back to normal. Your pair are just in the early stages of crapping themselves. I'm on my second set of SM3's I was able to get the first set replaced under warranty due to the same issue I have described but I don't think I will have any such luck with my second set. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back