Do not take your portable rig to the Airport...
Dec 18, 2011 at 4:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Torontoraccoon

100+ Head-Fier
... If your already late for your flight.

I learned my lesson, steel toed boots and a portable headphone rig wont make your journey to the boarding gate any faster. In fact you will have a pleasant company of the local security squad. A warm and welcome pat down, some strange machine that turns around you humming and a detailed questioning "What is this? DId you make it yourself? Why do you need an amplifier? Is it a hearing aid? No? Than whats the point".

Well... lets see how the Germans react... 45 min connection flight.... oh my...

Dec 18, 2011 at 4:32 PM Post #2 of 6
blink.gif
 Open headphones on a plane?

Dec 18, 2011 at 4:43 PM Post #3 of 6
Well i need to transport them so why not listen to them in the Airport/taxi? =P

Dec 18, 2011 at 4:51 PM Post #4 of 6
In total I have 3 headphones, 2 iems with me... oh and 21 fountain pens =P Just cant leave your house without a fountain pen or five.

Dec 19, 2011 at 1:40 AM Post #5 of 6
My friends told me my old portable rig, iMod and amp looked like a bomb, so I never took it with me on my flights.  My HM801, looks safe so I take that one.  

Dec 19, 2011 at 1:46 AM Post #6 of 6
I love my portable rig, but I have enough issues already with a vintage rangefinder + film + light meter... I gave up on flying with fountain pens a while ago (besides, they often leak due to pressure changes). 

Sometimes, It is not worth the hassle. Or worth at least breaking the units apart and putting the cables away so it doesn't look 'wired up.'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back