Do more expensive iPod line out cables really make a difference?
Jul 30, 2011 at 12:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Flounderman

New Head-Fier
I have a 160gig iPod Classic with a fiio line out cable and a PA2V2. If I were to buy a fancy ALO Audio line out cable would I notice any difference in sound quality? 

Jul 30, 2011 at 1:25 AM Post #2 of 7
Get a much better amp or earphone instead.

Jul 30, 2011 at 1:44 AM Post #4 of 7
Try the dock if you want to satisfy your curiosity, but I would suggest getting a much, much better amp and headphone/earphone before that.

Jul 30, 2011 at 2:12 AM Post #5 of 7
I would just go ahead and buy it (they have a 30 day money back guarantee -15% restocking) and see for yourself.  The question is one for which you will never get a consensus here.  So go ahead and see if it works for your ears and set-up.  If it does, great.  If it doesn't, ~$15 isn't too bad a price to pay for testing it out.  Also, if you just want it for *bling* or build quality, there really nothing wrong with that as long as you know what you are getting.

Aug 4, 2011 at 7:14 PM Post #7 of 7
I'm honestly not sure they do make a difference, some people are just into the aesthetics. Depends how much you're paying too, I've seen some really sexy LOD's on the boards that if I had the kind of money that could afford them, I wouldn't mind indulging.

I don't own any apple products either so that probably doesn't help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back