Do Interconnects Impact SQ in an Audio Chain?
Jan 19, 2009 at 9:30 AM Post #136 of 211
Just to clarify:

I didn't solder used tips on Cardas cable, i compare Cardas cable with cheap 1 EUR cable soldered to Sennheiser stock cable tips (so, it should be probably even worst than stock cable itself).

First time i listened only about two hours.

I meant short test was useless when comparing good with better. But in this case it was "incredibly bad" vs "statement product", so it was applicable.

First time the source was X-Fi Pro Elite, and the second X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series and DCD-1500AE (not mine of course, needed just for the test).

Jan 19, 2009 at 9:45 AM Post #137 of 211
Quote:

Maza, are you sure this is the example you want to use? He states short term testing is useless then proceeds to use short term testing. With a Cardas 650 cable that apparently needed to have tips that were cut off a stock cable and soldered to the 650 cable that should have the proper tips already. WTH??????

Your Troll radar needs to go in for service.

Hmmm... Yeah, you're right, it isnt best example, it was just first one that came into my mind in haste. But now that NajoBB clarified couple of things it is somewhat valid comparison.

...troll radar?
biggrin.gif

Jan 19, 2009 at 12:22 PM Post #138 of 211
I think its not noted enough that the people that could be bothered doing testing and looking for 'answers' are usually people that are already predisposed to not hearing a difference. they are already clearly skeptical and by their own language the placebo would come into play and cause them NOT to hear a difference

Jan 19, 2009 at 12:35 PM Post #139 of 211
Quote:

Originally Posted by NajoBB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just to clarify:

I didn't solder used tips on Cardas cable, i compare Cardas cable with cheap 1 EUR cable soldered to Sennheiser stock cable tips (so, it should be probably even worst than stock cable itself).

First time i listened only about two hours.

I meant short test was useless when comparing good with better. But in this case it was "incredibly bad" vs "statement product", so it was applicable.

First time the source was X-Fi Pro Elite, and the second X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series and DCD-1500AE (not mine of course, needed just for the test).

IC's used?

Why not just use the 650 cable, its not a bad OEM cable, why butcher it, and add junky cable? Sorry we got off on thr wrong foot but your story is late and full of holes. Of the three sit downs 2 hours was the longest and part of that time was spent using a sound card that cost less than a Cardas headphone cable? You do realize that your story indicates you never used a decent IC with your testing and would be a giant gap in your audio chain? Original question: Do Interconnects Impact the SQ of an Audio Chain?

Jan 19, 2009 at 12:45 PM Post #140 of 211
Quote:

Originally Posted by olblueyez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IC's used?

Why not just use the 650 cable, its not a bad OEM cable, why butcher it, and add junky cable?

Cardas headphone upgrade cable from Headroom (the older, blue one)

Because, as i said earlier, this would made the test much easier. In other words, if blind testing is impossible between good and better i wanted to try very bad vs very good.

Jan 19, 2009 at 12:50 PM Post #141 of 211
Quote:

Cardas headphone upgrade cable from Headroom (the older, blue one)

Because, as i said earlier, this would made the test much easier. In other words, if blind testing is impossible between good and better i wanted to try very bad vs very good.

IC your point.

Jan 19, 2009 at 12:54 PM Post #142 of 211
Quote:

Originally Posted by olblueyez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry we got off on thr wrong foot but your story is late and full of holes. Of the three sit downs 2 hours was the longest and part of that time was spent using a sound card that cost less than a Cardas headphone cable? You do realize that your story indicates you never used a decent IC with your testing and would be a giant gap in your audio chain?

I'm aware that my English is not the best out there but believe me, it wasn't intentionally confusing. I had two sittings: first time about two hours, and second a couple of days.

Jan 19, 2009 at 6:15 PM Post #144 of 211
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think its not noted enough that the people that could be bothered doing testing and looking for 'answers' are usually people that are already predisposed to not hearing a difference. they are already clearly skeptical and by their own language the placebo would come into play and cause them NOT to hear a difference

Please think about what you're saying, lol!

Jan 19, 2009 at 11:16 PM Post #145 of 211
Quote:

Originally Posted by powertoold /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Please think about what you're saying, lol!

actually I think thats perfectly acceptable and I did think it through; I wouldnt actually seriously say that; but thats the sort of crap us 'cable believers' have to put up with all the time. this was exactly the point I was trying to make; you replied to me that my statement sound silly to you; whereas apparently any difference we here is a placebo caused by wanting to believe we havent wasted our money; why doesnt it cut both ways?? the same variables are in place

Jan 19, 2009 at 11:59 PM Post #146 of 211
Im still waiting for someone with valid experience to chime in and say "Cables made no difference in SQ". Of 88 people who voted not one has used good cables and says they dont make a difference.

Jan 20, 2009 at 2:30 AM Post #148 of 211
Quote:

Just of curiosity, i would like to see someone with some valid proof that they do (make the difference).

Do you have the expression "don't hold your breath" in Italy ?

What I really want to know is what cables olblueyez uses or why he steadfastly refuses to vouchsafe this information despite insisting I describe my cable history, which I happily did...

I intend to buy some agreeed-upon better than stock cables and test them against my own, If I can do this for $100 that is...if I can get more than one that would be interesting...

Jan 20, 2009 at 3:14 AM Post #149 of 211
Quote:

Originally Posted by nick_charles /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you have the expression "don't hold your breath" in Italy ?

What I really want to know is what cables olblueyez uses or why he steadfastly refuses to vouchsafe this information despite insisting I describe my cable history, which I happily did...

I intend to buy some agreeed-upon better than stock cables and test them against my own, If I can do this for $100 that is...if I can get more than one that would be interesting...

Yeah, there is some similar expression.
I subscribed to your test thread and will be waiting for the probably interesting results. Did you find something interesting for a comparison yet?

BTW: forgot to mention but all my years of studding have thought me that if a cable make a sonic difference it can be only in volume (depending of resistance, the worst wouldn't play as loud as good ones, but it has to be pretty bad). However i tried to notice difference in details and sound signature, but nothing for now. So if I'm right, you may find difference but it should be only in volume. I'm not sure, we shall see.

Jan 20, 2009 at 3:28 AM Post #150 of 211
Quote:

Yeah, there is some similar expression.
I subscribed to your test thread and will be waiting for the probably interesting results. Did you find something interesting for a comparison yet?

So far no solid suggestions someone mentioned Audioquest Jade ($30) but that does not appear to be a current model...and it has to have a reccomendation from someone who has compared it against a stock cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back