Do I need special wires to fix Audio Technica's A700 wires ?
Oct 31, 2008 at 11:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Felous

New Head-Fier
Hi, I started having problems with my plug on my AT-A700. I tripped on the cord a couple of times, that could've been it. I had to twist and hold the plug to make it work (not the wire, the plug). It lost some sound effects (not sure how else to describe) if it was plugged in all the way, but if I didn't plug all the way, it could gain the sound minus the quality and stereo wouldn't work.

I'm a complete noob when it comes to this, so I hope somebody could help me out some ! I appreciate it.

I bought a new plug (wired) to try to splice to get it working, but the wires are different and not sure if that makes a difference or not. The headphone got red, blue, silver, with a thin white/clearish wire inside either one. The plug+cord I got is a mini stereo with male-male connection (one on each end). I cut it in a half and tried to splice using that. Those wires are red, white, bronze.

At first I tried to solder it with a really cheap solder iron and I regret buying that thing (ugh). I got the right side to work. Then I cut the wires again and just spliced it again but this time I didn't solder, with the same result. Then I tried again to splice them, but it doesn't even work now.

What do you think is the best solution at this point guys ? Thank you so much for your time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back