do i need an amp?
Jan 3, 2014 at 1:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

eyefloater

New Head-Fier
i have an old clip+ and i'm wondering would the sq benefit from getting an amp?
i was thinking of getting a fii0 E7. the reason being i've read so many people going on about how great they are?
i listen to mainly hard rock on the clip+. would my listening experience be enhanced by getting this amp or is there another one which would?

also what would be the next step up from the clip+ as far as sq goes? i've had this for years and i'd like to get something new.
thanks.

Jan 3, 2014 at 2:28 AM Post #2 of 4
  I have an old Clip+ and I'm wondering would the sq benefit from getting an amp?
I was thinking of getting a fii0 E7. the reason being I've read so many people going on about how great they are?
I listen to mainly hard rock on the Clip+. would my listening experience be enhanced by getting this amp or is there another one which would?
Also what would be the next step up from the Clip+ as far as sq goes? I've had this for years and I'd like to get something new.

If you installed the Rockbox firmware on to the Clip+, you would have a fairly good music player.
The FiiO E7 is a USB DAC and amplifier and you can't use an external DAC with the Clip+.
The FiiO E11 portable headphone amplifier would be a better choice, for use with the Clip+.
What headphones are you using currently?

Jan 3, 2014 at 12:44 PM Post #3 of 4
lately i've been using a pair of vsonic IEMs.
i can't recall the exact model i'm afraid, but it was marketed as being a particularly bassy model, which was why i got them.
i have wondered about rockbox, but to be honest i'm worried i may end up stuffing the player up.

Jan 3, 2014 at 1:58 PM Post #4 of 4
  lately i've been using a pair of vsonic IEMs.
i can't recall the exact model i'm afraid, but it was marketed as being a particularly bassy model, which was why i got them.
i have wondered about rockbox, but to be honest i'm worried i may end up stuffing the player up.

If you "brick" the Clip+ you can always buy another.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back