Do i need a portable amp with this IEMs (Soundmagic E10-Vsonic VDS1S)???
Jun 4, 2014 at 4:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Salmonelas

100+ Head-Fier
Hello ,im newbie in the headphone industry and i need some help from more experienced people...

I bought the Soundmagic E10 and the Vsonic VDS1S,after reading a lot of reviews
My question is ,do i need a portable amp for use mainly with my smartphone and the laptop?And if so can you recommend some entry level?
I read that for more serious IEMs you need a portable amp so you can get better sound,but the ones i bought are 40$ entry level,the sound quality will it improve?

Thank you for your responces.

Jun 5, 2014 at 7:21 AM Post #6 of 7
When I joined I started out with SoundMAGIC E10 (great IEM btw). In a nutshell  I also became curious about the exact same question. I think you should try one and find out what you think, it's highly debatable topic running low impedance IEM with a portable amp, though what often gets left behind is while an amp isn't meant to change the sound many of them do colour the signal in some shape or form. The best thing you can do is try something like FiiO E6, E11, C&C BH, or maybe the $40 Topping NX1 and gain a grasp on amping for yourself. It's a good learning experience and you'll have some fun along the way.

Also SilverEars is correct you want to use a line out for amping if possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back