Do I have to buy a AMP for K702 65th?
Jun 11, 2013 at 12:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Surerex

New Head-Fier
Hello All,
I am a newbie to here cause I knew head-fi is the most famous(yes, no one of) Headphones site in the world.

I used iTunes  to ripping the CD save to aiff file. it's as large as wav, but have all the info and easy to add the cover.
then, I use logic pro to play the music, the interface is apogee duet2.
When I connect HD600 to this system, the sounds is good on Classic  & any other type of music except female vocal.

And I have to bought a K702 ANNIVERSARY edition, 
but a big problem is come into being..
the sounds of K702 also very clarity as HD600, BUT, BUT it's feels like a big bucket around in my heard.

is it mean I need add a AMP? and, if needed, how about SPL phonitor and auditor?

thank you for you take time to read my questions. and wish you happy every day.

Jun 11, 2013 at 3:16 PM Post #2 of 13
You should get an amp it would benefit all your headphones.

Jun 11, 2013 at 5:53 PM Post #4 of 13
Yea if any headphones need an amp, those do (and many others). A lot of people would name off amps that are $500+ but you will hear a difference even with a $100-$150 Fiio, or iBasso amp/dac. You could also look into some Schiit amps.

Jun 11, 2013 at 5:59 PM Post #5 of 13
If you are buying a great can like the K702 65th AE, you need to provide it proper power to support the sound that it's capable of. It's like buying a Porsche and putting $50 tires on it or fueling it with 87 octane. It wont run right.

Something as simple as a FiiO E09K will do the trick.

Jun 11, 2013 at 10:42 PM Post #7 of 13
Get a Schiit Magni instead of an E09K.

Jun 12, 2013 at 12:54 AM Post #8 of 13
Magni/o2 is my vote... Of you need portability I'm a big fan of the e17 (I actually use one as a dac with my o2 and magni... I have both because of the wife lol)

Jun 12, 2013 at 1:18 PM Post #9 of 13
Quote:
Yea you could do a Fiio e9. If you want/need more you can get a e07 or e17 which can hook up to the e9 and provide more power as well as being a dec.

It doesn't add power. It just added DAC functionality.

Jun 12, 2013 at 1:42 PM Post #10 of 13
E9 + Modi is what I would suggest.
For the K702 variations I prefer the E9 to the Magni.
Magni seems too thin and bright to me. Don't ask me how.

You could try the E17 with the E9, but I think the Modi sounds a bit better.

Oct 31, 2013 at 2:02 AM Post #13 of 13
Hello All,
I am a newbie to here cause I knew head-fi is the most famous(yes, no one of) Headphones site in the world.

I used iTunes  to ripping the CD save to aiff file. it's as large as wav, but have all the info and easy to add the cover.
then, I use logic pro to play the music, the interface is apogee duet2.
When I connect HD600 to this system, the sounds is good on Classic  & any other type of music except female vocal.

And I have to bought a K702 ANNIVERSARY edition, 
but a big problem is come into being..
the sounds of K702 also very clarity as HD600, BUT, BUT it's feels like a big bucket around in my heard.

is it mean I need add a AMP? and, if needed, how about SPL phonitor and auditor?

thank you for you take time to read my questions. and wish you happy every day.

Hello,

If you wish to know how the K702 65th scale with the E09K, I am getting mine real soon (before Thursday) and I may be able to give you a quick impressions :)

Billson

Users who are viewing this thread

Back