Do I have bad ears? Bad earbuds? Asking before I give up on portable music.
Feb 25, 2010 at 10:20 PM Post #16 of 26
I'm in BC too (PoCo)

I'm a bit late replying, since you've already placed an order, but a pretty cheap pair to try is the marshmellows (or the newer aircushion I think they're called) You can find them pretty much anywhere (BestBuy, Future Shop, The source, I think someone even said Winners has them)

They're comfortable and isolate well. I can't remember what the sound was like though. I haven't had a pair in ages.

Mike

Feb 25, 2010 at 10:50 PM Post #17 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by jddesigned /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the great reply dfrost.

I liked the idea of the NuForce a lot, but the availability of them here in Vancouver, Canada seems hard to come by. So taking into account everything you described about them and reading through many, many reviews on this site I've placed an order on the MEelectronics M11's. Sound like they have the isolation, the warm sound, great microphonics and non the fatiguing factor. They're coming in at $36 shipped international from Meel too. I'll be sure to keep you guys posted and let you know how things go.

Fulcrum Audio

Feb 26, 2010 at 4:50 PM Post #19 of 26
I've just ordered a set of M11P's, so I can soon provide a direct comparison with NE-7Ms, biased by the age of my ears, of course.

Feb 26, 2010 at 5:05 PM Post #20 of 26
dfrost this will be good to know and if you still think the NuForce is better I'll be happy to try now that someone has supllied a link to a Canadian supplier.

Anyways on a side note we returned the Cowon incase things don't work out, but to show you guys I'm dedicated to seeing this through I picked up a Sansa Fuze new on clearance for $9.96.

PS: I've got plugged up ears from a cold right now and all I hear is the ringing!

Mar 12, 2010 at 9:15 PM Post #22 of 26
OK the Meelctronics M11's arrived. My ears are still driving me nuts with ringing so haven't listened for very long to test until I get the go ahead from the ear doc.

First I tried them with my wife's iphone and the sound was really underwhelmed, uninspired and just not a fun or involved listening experience. However with my Sansa Fuze they are fantastic. Flat EQ and the sound is warm, rich and really clear. I can't emphasize enough the clarity of having a decent IEM seems to be. As for actual sound quality I'm not going to comment as I have no real IEM experience and not much time with these, but they do make stock buds look like crap. Isolation on these is really good, reminds me of having had earplugs in when I take them out.

Anyways, anyone have thoughts on why they sound so hollow and blah with the iphone? I tried them on my pc and they sound great there too.

Mar 12, 2010 at 10:53 PM Post #23 of 26
Hopefully your results will be fine from your ear test, and assuming they are, a couple of other possible causes of the ringing could be that your ears are not used to earbuds, and/or, distorted or overly bright treble in the music you are playing may be hurting your ears. I agree with the other comments here though, and a good set of IEMs may be just the right solution for you.

Mar 12, 2010 at 11:30 PM Post #24 of 26
I developed some tinnitus in my right ear recently, due to a cold that caused some ETD.
mad.gif
Thankfully not noticeable if I don't "excite" it.
I am not a expert, but I am finding the things that can make it worse.. is playing music loudly, music that plays the same frequency of your ears ringing. And fans, like my computer and furnace.

As for not sounding good on your iphone, do you have any eq on? make sure the plug is all the way in?

Mar 13, 2010 at 12:32 AM Post #25 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by ben4345 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I developed some tinnitus in my right ear recently, due to a cold that caused some ETD.
mad.gif
Thankfully not noticeable if I don't "excite" it.
I am not a expert, but I am finding the things that can make it worse.. is playing music loudly, music that plays the same frequency of your ears ringing. And fans, like my computer and furnace.

As for not sounding good on your iphone, do you have any eq on? make sure the plug is all the way in?

Plugs all the way in and we tried all the eq settings. Just sounds distant and weak.

Mar 13, 2010 at 12:35 AM Post #26 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by jddesigned /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Plugs all the way in and we tried all the eq settings. Just sounds distant and weak.

It may just be your iphone. Try one other player and report back.

Down with Apple, let em burn!
k701smile.gif

tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back