do etymotic filters fit in the shure se530
Nov 8, 2007 at 11:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

jinx20001

Headphoneus Supremus
i know there has been discussion not too long ago about filters being interchangeable with different earphones from westone, etymotic and shure and that the etymotic tool in fact works with the shures. can anybody confirm this and is the sound quality improved in any way if it works?????

thanks guys/gals jay

Nov 8, 2007 at 11:33 PM Post #3 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by antonyfirst /img/forum/go_quote.gif
NO.

Thanks for that! lol i thought id ask before i start prodding the etymotic tool into my shures and doing damage.

Nov 8, 2007 at 11:43 PM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by CMasten /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The E500/530s dont even have replaceable filters...

i know they dont but they have filters none the less, its just the user is not suppose to be able to replace them i just could ave swore i read the ety tool could do it...thats the reason i asked. i just ent got guts to try, just like most of us

Nov 8, 2007 at 11:51 PM Post #7 of 11
Have you ever had the Etys? Because it looks like you have never seen an Ety tool. It would kill the nozzles of the E500.

Nov 9, 2007 at 1:03 AM Post #8 of 11
Why do you even want to replace the Shure filters anyway? Just clean (carefully) it with the supplied loop digger-thing.

Nov 9, 2007 at 1:08 AM Post #9 of 11
yeh but typically i dont own it currently. my sig is a bit misleading, i dont own all of the earphones but have tested or had oportunity to test all of them, if it was true you could use it to change the filters i would indeed have purchased the tool, thanks for puttin me on the straight road anyway

Nov 9, 2007 at 1:10 AM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by greydragon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why do you even want to replace the Shure filters anyway? Just clean (carefully) it with the supplied loop digger-thing.

its not a case of me wanting to replace old filters but instead tinker with sound properties if the procedure was true

May 18, 2008 at 8:14 AM Post #11 of 11
I have replaced the fliters in my shure E4's with etymotic ones. The Etymotic fliters are exactly the same size though i didn't need to use the etymotic removal tool since the nozzle on the E4 is removable so i could push it out from the other end with a pin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back