Do any of you sleep on the carpet floor?
Aug 16, 2007 at 6:35 PM Post #48 of 53
How on earth did I miss this thread? I've been sleeping on a floor for most of my life. And in college for several months in a tent, but that's another story.

Currently my condo has hard wood floors, and I sleep on that (there is a blanket involved).

I just can't sleep on beds. And i get so much grief for it. Some friends heard me playing "Make Me A Pallet On Your Floor" sung by Mississippi John Hurt and won't let me forget how funny that is to them!
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 16, 2007 at 6:51 PM Post #49 of 53
I sometime lay my back on the floor but not all night.

Aug 21, 2007 at 8:16 AM Post #50 of 53
And not to forget that most of Japan still sleep on tatami mats.

For me, bare hardwood/concrete floor are painful on the pressure points, but carpeted or lightly padded floor are comfortable.

I crashed at a friend's place the other day. Instead of sharing the bed with another guy, toss a blanket on the ground and viola, instead bed. Everyone stared at me funny though.

Aug 21, 2007 at 1:13 PM Post #51 of 53
I enjoy sleeping on the floor as well. Between the ages of 21-28, I slept on the floor almost exclusively (well, I slept on top of a blanket on top of a sleeping bag on the hardwood floor). Then I met my girlfriend, who was less accepting of this behavior.

I still take the occasional nap on the rug in my listening room, but I'm expected to sleep on the mattress at night.

Aug 21, 2007 at 1:50 PM Post #52 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mister Crash /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I enjoy sleeping on the floor as well. Between the ages of 21-28, I slept on the floor almost exclusively (well, I slept on top of a blanket on top of a sleeping bag on the hardwood floor). Then I met my girlfriend, who was less accepting of this behavior.

I still take the occasional nap on the rug in my listening room, but I'm expected to sleep on the mattress at night.

For a long time I swore that I was holding out for a proper woman who wouldn't mind sleeping on the floor. Even found a couple (out of 150 million in this country). However, I'm realizing that it's becoming less and less practical a consideration ....

Aug 21, 2007 at 4:55 PM Post #53 of 53
Only if I pass out on the floor. Or sometimes at my girlfriend's place, she has a waterbed, which makes no sense to me. A nice firm bed ftw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back