Do Aliens dig Brittany?
Jun 30, 2002 at 4:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

squirt

500+ Head-Fier
To add to the question of Aliens out there...How do you think aliens would react to hearing our music that we so enjoy? This is assuming they have the capacity to "hear" as we do...

Personally i would imagine they would find our music at least somewhat entertaining and intriguing being that music is structured in a mathematical form which an alien entity would likely have some understanding of...of course they like us would likely also prefer certain types of our music more than others...
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 30, 2002 at 10:11 PM Post #2 of 9
That would depend on what "Music" they were hearing.

Some good jazz or blues and they'd come right on in and be friends.

Won't mention other types of "music" as I really don't want them to vaporize us.

Jul 1, 2002 at 12:24 AM Post #3 of 9
well, music is very much a cultrural thing. but the concept of rythm and structure should be familiar. so I bet them aliens would dig some good music, even if they're unfamiliar with music as we know it. I'm not sure if they would love a guitar solo as much as we do. y'know, the idea of translating emotion to music would be totally different if you're from a totally different world.

Jul 1, 2002 at 12:25 AM Post #4 of 9
(assuming the tunes are out there...)

Jul 1, 2002 at 12:26 AM Post #5 of 9
Man, if they heard heavy metal they might consider us war mongers, lol.

Jul 1, 2002 at 6:59 AM Post #6 of 9
Oops, just pushed option #2 to top position
tongue.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jul 1, 2002 at 7:44 AM Post #7 of 9
ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US!

i really do hope that if aliens ever do come to earth, they have bad grammar in english and it gets put onto all kinds of merchandise like t shirts and coffee mugs...lol....

can never forget AYBABTU....
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jul 1, 2002 at 9:56 AM Post #8 of 9
Hehe, this reminds me of the movie "mars attacks" where the marsians consider pigeons a sign of war!! Hehe.. Perhaps we should be really really careful with trying to mix our culture with theirs??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back