DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions
Jan 28, 2021 at 6:24 PM Post #3,976 of 4,353
I spoke to Donald and he told me that all parts are spoken for confirmed orders ie no more parts for any new orders. He further told me that he’s working on a new model that sits between Stratus and Stellaris and price will be reflected accordingly. Sounds interesting to me and it’s happening later this year.
Good! Pity it is difficult to try/get in Europe..

Jan 28, 2021 at 7:33 PM Post #3,977 of 4,353
I spoke to Donald and he told me that all parts are spoken for confirmed orders ie no more parts for any new orders. He further told me that he’s working on a new model that sits between Stratus and Stellaris and price will be reflected accordingly. Sounds interesting to me and it’s happening later this year.
Do you mean he’s discontinuing the Stratus?

Jan 28, 2021 at 8:10 PM Post #3,978 of 4,353
Do you mean he’s discontinuing the Stratus?
No, working on a new version of it - same look. Trickness has been evaluating the proto.

Jan 29, 2021 at 7:59 AM Post #3,982 of 4,353
Just take my money!!!! :beyersmile:

baby-throwing-money-away.gif

Jan 29, 2021 at 9:11 AM Post #3,983 of 4,353
No, working on a new version of it - same look. Trickness has been evaluating the proto.
please concentrate on the new headphones like the Sennheiser HD800S (not the old 800) and the Audio Technica ADX5000 ,, ZMF headphones also are very popular now.

Thanks

Mar 31, 2021 at 8:46 AM Post #3,988 of 4,353
What tube rolls can be done with the rectifier in the Stratus? Does a 5r4gys work?
A good old WW2 RCA is always useful. The big EML 5U4G works very nicely with the Acme Supremes 2A3s.

May 2, 2021 at 12:10 AM Post #3,990 of 4,353
Hi there,

I am a recent new Stratus owner, and a very very happy one! It was a blind buy but Stratus's reputation and review has persuaded me. I was able to secure one before Donald moves Stratus into a higher price bracket (3k -> ~4.5k?). The information on this thread helped me a lot in making this decision!

I was lucky enough few days ago during ZMF Stabilized VC release that I scored one, it's just too beautiful I can't pass, but now I am facing kind of like a happy dilemma - I currently have a Verite Open Silkwood. I really enjoy the combo of Stratus and VO for its relaxed presentation yet resolving technicals, music just flows! (I don't enjoy Utopia as much since it makes me feel tiring). My incoming VC as I learnt has more energetic presentation with more bass, closer mids presentation, and slightly brighter highs. My question is does it really worth it to keep VO together with incoming VC for that relaxing presentation? Would I be better off selling VO and invest that money in tube rolling + pad rolling to maybe achieving the best of both worlds? Would VO actually have better synergy with Stratus vs VC that's more front facing energetic presentation (I once read someone said never try to make Stratus/Stellaris aggressive)? Btw my chain is Pi2AES -> Yggy A2 -> Stratus.

If someone who has owned/heard both VO and VC with their Stratus could offer me some suggestions I would really appreciate it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back